Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

SnoFARI 2010 --- Event is full, no more registrations please

91K views 1K replies 128 participants last post by  shawn 
#1 · (Edited)
Yep, time to think snow..

Here is the Registration form. Please remember that registration does not open until Thursday, October 1st.

Attachments

See less See more
1 3
#885 ·
I've said it previously but it bears mentioning again:

If you have kids or you feel daring, BRING SLEDS.
There are a couple groups that will be lunch stopping or probably doing trailside repairs that will be within eyesight of some pretty nice size hills.
jim-kb8ymf

#895 ·
Which run is that? Extreme, or lightweight? I've not seen a list of runs...
I forgot about the F'n ORV since I'm out of state we don't have that down here.

I'm already into this run for about $500 bucks....
$180 for diesel
$100 for hotel
$50 for entry fee
$120 for 3 days food
$16 for ORV
$40 for gas in the wheeler

+ raffle tix & various crap....

I may seriously pack some food.

#899 · (Edited)
Poolside room at Quality Inn - *GONE*

I have an extra poolside room reserved that I'm not going to use. It's a non-smoking, double-bed room and I think it's $109 a night. If anyone is interested, PM me and I will give you the confirmation number so you can put it in your name.
I will be canceling the room Wed. afternoon so let me know soon.

-Brian
Edit: Room is gone... thanks!

#904 ·
i know my rig needs to be street legal for this event but i got a last minute invite and dont want to pass it up. i can get a plate and insurance and throw some lights on it if i have to but does anyone from previous events know from experience how strict the cops are up there. i don't really need to get myself in trouble right now.
thanks

#907 ·
You will need plates and insurance, I know we had about 30 miles on the roads last year. Part of which was taking the expressway (8-12 miles IIRC). I am pretty sure windshield and lights/brake lights would be absolute bottom barrel minimal, and you will want more then that.

You guys are worried about tow rigs?

We dropped the Jeep off last night, and it has to lead a run.
Leave it to my luck to have the trans on my tow rig go out a week before the run... damn trans only has 50k miles on it. Luckily my buddy started his new job this week and it is a M-F one or I wouldn't be making it :sonicjay:

The flatty probably could use more help, but unfortunately I have NO time to do the rest of what I wanted anyway. I ran without front shocks last year, I will again this year I guess. :teehee:

I was really hoping to have the top polished up too :sonicjay:

#913 ·
Nate,
I'm not sure your rig is right for this run. Every single group will be doing some miles at fairly fast speeds and out all day. (read, wind chill). I know you're a hearty soul but consider being gone from 10:00am till 5:00 with no way to get warmed back up.

I don't think we want to have any group pulled over because of a standout that draws attention to the local LEO's. My belief is that they will tend to be a little lenient as we bring a large amount of money to the community but I think you may be pushing it a bit.

You and I know each other and I'd love to have you along. But, would you want to put the following burden on your fellow wheelers?
From experience, we had a rig like yours on a run in Canada. (actually joe jeep's avatar) Cops stopped us and said go get a trailer. So, the entire group sat there for an hour. I'd love to have you along Nate but you're a little questionable.

Now, that said, I'm not running the event and it's not my call.

#917 ·
You would want to talk to one of the SoFo guys, but I can say that if you did decide to (and are allowed to) go, you may want to choose to be in Jim Rutkofske's run. The time they spend on major roads will be pretty short and could be at lower speeds with out slowing down the group too much. I also think that it will be one of the most challenging runs.

#924 ·
2 Extra Snofari Tickets Available

I have 2 tickets and 1 Rig Spot available for Snofari this weekend.
Looking for Face Value of $110 buck, and Cash only.

No Room with that, you'll have to make your own arrangements for sleeping.

I'm leaving for Snofari Thursday Night by 6:00pm.
If your interested PM me.

Thanks,
SD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.