Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Mr. Beefy's "not quite yet U4 buggy" build

358K views 3K replies 117 participants last post by  Mr. Beefy 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright fine, I'll make a new build thread :finger: :sonicjay:

Bought a MandM offroad chassis from PJ, super good dude to deal with and super nice. HIGHLY recommend. http://mandmfab.com/id68.html
This is chassis #20

Order placed on Monday 11-5 at about noon..

Got this on 11-6.

11-9

11-12

11-13

See less See more
#882 ·
looks awesome! did a nice job john.the ori's looked like they were right on!.your wife kicked butt.had a great time.

#896 ·
how is the engine running? Happy with it? Does it need anything else?

#897 ·
Its not tuned yet. I had to swap out the distributors. My motor and harness had the tfi mounted on the fender. So I had to swap distributors with your motor which also ment I had to swap gears as mine is a roller motor. And I never checked the timing. But even with not doing that it seemed to run well.

Only thing I don't like and I had the same issue with my other trans and harness/setup is that it doesn't have any power in 4hi or 2hi. Trying to drive obstacles it seems like it stalls the trans out. But I had the same complaint with my old setup. I guess the 5.38s and 4ds aren't a good match.

#909 ·
I am gonna redo all the lines and warranty my front calipers. I had a aftermarket booster/master combo from Summit. The master was bad, I got a 96 f250 Master and modified it to fit the booster which gave me some braking back. When I installed all the nylon lines I overtightened the compression fittings, so I replaced all those. But I also had to get an adapter for my rear calipers and retap my fronts. I think the adpaters and the rethreaded front ports are what is giving me the issues.

#911 ·
Automasters selection sucks. Guess I'll be ordering online.

I contacted the company that makes the master cyl. on Friday. They have in big logos 24/7 tech support on their site but only a link to open a tech ticket with them no phone number. So I opened a ticket. I have yet to hear from them :sonicjay:.

#914 ·
what MC do you have? You have to watch the pressure ratings with assisted or boosted MCs

#915 ·
I am running the same calipers and brakes as what I was prior. I am now also running the same master cyl as before. The booster and lines are whats different on this rig. I dont feel its a booster issue. Only leaves one option. Again I think its the threads at the calipers giving me the issues.

Bore of the new master is 1.125 (or same as my old one).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.