Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

8 lug JK --> RZR time

139K views 839 replies 41 participants last post by  mtnbiker995 
#1 · (Edited)
Some of you might know me, Collin, I've been to a handful of events in the last year or so riding along with @Ryanw10 or @BLZR. Well I decided to finally bring a build thread over here...I don't feel like posting all of my rebuild progress from when I totaled it until now but if you have any questions just ask...

It was stock when I totaled it and this is what it looks like now

I'm currently 8 lug rear 5 lug front. I should be 8 lug front and rear by the time I head up to Drummond on Oct 22nd. Last night I just picked up some Corbeau Baja JP Wide seats and threw them in, just gotta make a harness bar and get the 4pt's installed.

I've done all the work myself or with the help of friends so I can answer any questions you might have...for some reason there aren't a lot of JK build threads on GL4x4 :sonicjay:

See less See more
#159 ·
Got measurements for control arms, just gotta get a little steel and I'll have my last set of arms built so I can get rid of my +15 degree rear pinion angle... And slave cylinder should be here today or tomorrow so Jeep should be drivable this weekend.

Also, I'm selling my whole JCR rear set up in preparation for my stretch if anyone wants a bumper/tire carrier combo. Also gotta figure out where to start cutting my floor for the air shocks.

#163 ·
It's the reason I keep twisting driveshafts and going thru rear u joints. I need to make arms ASAP no matter what. Maybe I'll just cut the ends off the arms and use them to make new arms when I stretch, idk. But it's not Street drivable right now and I go thru a rear d shaft every wheeling trip

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

#175 ·
Ideally prolly 11 inches. It's already 1 in front and 1 in rear so that'd put me at 13 total giving me a 109" wheelbase. We'll see what happens. I wanna go forwards too but much further and I'll need full hydro. I also wanna go flat belly when I do an engine swap in a year or two. Everything requires money though... And a welder. So I'm kinda stuck where I'm at until I get a welder and more money haha

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

#178 ·
I cut out the dana 44 and dana 60 templates I was given so I could see how well they fit to my housings. The rear template is pretty damn close, I'll have to modify the front a little bit. I just cut them out of 16 gage for now.

I also got around the swapping in my new front coils, I sit about an inch higher now which I'm not sure if I like but for free, I can't complain.

I'm also selling my complete rear JCR tire carrier & bumper set up for a JK if anyone is interested.

#187 ·
Well few random updates. I got my front gears installed, but I fucked up the pinion seal installing it so I've gotta swap that out before I can run it. I also moved up to my new house in Holland for work, no longer in kzoo which is nice.

And, I'm also getting rid of my truck if anyone is interested in buying it. I just replaced the rear main, did a full rebuild of rear axle including spiders and bearings. It's got multiple minor upgrades if anyone wants a list. Putting a rust free box on it in the next couple weeks and possibly replacing the rockers so the body will be rust free.

Also got my doors painted black and a brand new hood painted black. It helps that my stephanies dealership also has a collision center that her brother manages :beerbang: