Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Does anyone know anything about pop machines?

5K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  jeepfreak81 
#1 ·
I picked this up cheap today, it works and the temperature seems to have stabilized at about 33-35*, pretty good considering it had not been used in at least 20 years.

The main fain in the bottom runs an on/off cycle like I would expect (only more often then I would expect) and there is a secondary fan inside that seems to run all the time, is this normal operation? If so I am guessing this thing EATS electricity :sonicjay: I am going to hook a kill-a-watt tomorrow and see what it uses. I may only use it for special days if that is the case. Hopefully I can find the original bottle opener and a lock for it now.

See less See more
#18 ·
The evap fan will stay on, just like any cooler or refrigerator. Sounds like the condenser fan is on a cycle switch, operates off head pressure. That would have been normal for this if it was intended to be outside for lower ambient running. If just using it inside I would just let the fan run with the compressor. But, that's just me.

Nice score.

#19 · (Edited)
This is the one I talked to you about 2 years ago. The people finally let it go. It cleaned up way better then expected. I need to take the racks out to clean them yet though. The temp actually stabilized at 27* through the night, so I turned it up a little.

Thanks for the info!

Edit: the wire was cut on the condenser fan when I got it, not sure why.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.