Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

2009 Snow Chicken Fun Ride

3K views 37 replies 11 participants last post by  just for fun 
#1 ·
This is a old flier that I had saved to give everyone the theme of it. Any body done this in the past or are planning it in 2009. It is allot of fun. There is usually some snow left, but with this years snowfall there might be allot left. I checked with Peacock Ltd for a 09 date but it has not been set yet, but should be set here soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjBIWUf76tQ

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Oops sorry about that I didn't realize the old flier didn't have a location on it. It's based at Peacock Ltd,(www.peacockltd.com) which is a cycle dealer north of Baldwin on 37. They ride the Little Manistee Trail/ Lincoln Hills Trail system. There is a connector from their dealership to the trail system. You sign up at the dealership, ride, then return to the dealership for prize drawings and snacks after the ride.

#10 ·
This was the first time I had rode on studded tires. I just used the hex headed ice screws on some 1/2 worn mx tires. It shocked me how well the bike gripped. I did hit the ground once that year, had er leaded over to far on a corner and lost bite ans slid out. But it was a softer landing than on the dirt. It would be great to have someone to ride it with. My brother sold his bike last fall so I now have no one to ride with. I mentioned it to my cousins but not sure if they will make it.

#16 ·
Depends on the weather and also, depends on if I can get access to my motorcycle trailer. :teehee:

Riding in the snow is fun. :d:

michelin s12?
been on this with bikes and quads. most of the locals around hear use to ride bikes but now it is mostly quads.grew up riding with ken dourty and his dad.he will always be missed.

#12 ·
Never done this ride but used to do the Snowflake with the old sales guy from extreme then fox. That ride was first Sunday in December and we rode in a lot of snow some years.
Is this all two tracks or can you get through the single tracks too? If the single tracks are a possibility I will go if anyone wants someone to ride with, even better if i can find someone to share a ride with/split gas with.
(I got a truck and a sled trailer available)

#22 · (Edited)
yea the trails are mostly melted....
mostly packed snow/ice ...i will keep everyone posted on what the trails look like.........
i will post up a few days before the run so everyone knows what they wanna do and ride..

myselfe i will be rideing a 400 ex and the wife will be on a warrior.... heck i might ride the xr 600 if we get some more days..

#28 ·
ok trail report is as follows...trails are melting..but it is still getting cold at night
anywhere that is shaded fromthe sun still has ice/snow
single tracks have snow in them...
has been hi 40's sat low 50's today gonna be 50's tomorrow and hi 30's to lower 40's all week with some rain mid week...
i would say to the people wondering if they should stud their bikes up...well if you are worried about it better safe than sorry i guess...
as for me i amstill up in the air about wether or not to ride the bike or the quad .......
i will keep up on weather for everyone

#31 ·
just got this from noaa weather

just pulled this from noaa weather site for the Baldwin area :thumb: >>>>> Saturday: A chance of rain and snow before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. South southwest wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.