Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Stampede!!!

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  ovrlnd 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I dealt with a line of around 1000-1500 people this morning, no issues. Nobody rushed the doors, nobody got hurt, nothing. I have done that for 5 years now, and I have never had an issue. Every year, there are people in my line telling me how terrible things were at walmart, people were telling me this morning about how there were fistfights at walmart, and that things were absolute chaos.
Its sad that people have to get hurt, because all it takes is talking to the people that are in line and making your expectations known. In 5 years, one time I have had kick one person out of line for trying to rush the doors, other than that, I have never had a problem.

#4 ·
I was at Sears in Jackson. it was a mad house. so was menards. once I drove about 2 -3 blocks away there was nobody. at sears we had a 20 minute wait in line to cash out. some guy an his wife were at the register for close to the whole time. they had 3 different people helping them while 30 people waited in line.

#10 ·
I found it funny except the part about someone dieing.

#17 ·
this thread = fail. I thought this was going to be a discussion about the old atari 2600 game "stampede" made by activision. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.