Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Doing any wheeling? Fill out this form on line for GLFWDA.

15K views 44 replies 18 participants last post by  phittie1100 
#1 · (Edited)
Phitte1100...
One of the challenges we face in dealing with the DNR and other agencies is their perception that we make up such a small percentage of the folks who use public land that they don't need to bother with us. We can tell them about our membership numbers, the trail miles we maintain, but in the end what really counts is our impact on the economy. The attached form is meant to help us gather information about dollars spent on wheeling trips, man hours spent using public resources, and the impact we have on local communities. How much you spent fixing your truck the week before your trip isn't included - although it has an economic impact, it is harder to guage than a $100 hotel bill in West Branch or a $40 meal in Gaylord.

Please feel free to pass it along to other people outside GLFWDA - we need as many responses as we can get in order to build a proper database. At some point, when we have gathered enough information to make a useful report, we will make the summary data available via the GLFWDA website.

I wish I had finished this up before SnoFari so it could be passed out at sign-in, but if you still have a fresh enough recollection of your spending, SnoFari information would be a great place to start.

Thanks,

Paul
http://www.glfwda.org/index.php?page=tailgate

see the Online form below( Its new!)

#10 ·
Great idea with on-line form. Here's another thought -- you should consider tracking the amount of economic impact caused by upgrades and repairs done to our vehicles. The "Just Empty Every Pocket" joke actually means people are spending money at auto parts stores, tool shops, mechanic's shops, etc.

#18 · (Edited)
The primary purpose of the GLFWDA tailgate report is to collect data for full-size users -I don't have a check-box or anything else set up to separate cycle/atv expenses. Some of our members are also involved on the cycle/atv side of things, let me see if anyone over there is collecting data.

GLFWDA is the only state-level group or association in MI that specifically represents the interests of full size users, and while we work in cooperation with the ATV and cycle groups through the MMRC and other less formal arrangements to keep our public lands ope to all forms of recreation, there is no overlap between our groups at an official level.

#22 ·
link not working anymore. i was going to fill it out for the trail clean up , but cant now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.