Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Please help ASAP!

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  8PTBUCK 
#1 · (Edited)
Have to write a persuasive paper for my final in my composition 1520 class. I already have a ton of research on 'Green Consumerism' and why it can help the economy and environment, but I don't feel very strong about the subject. Yes, making a few changes in your everyday life by choosing green products can make a difference if everybody does thier part, but I just don't care about it that much! I can write an eight page paper on it piece of cake, but I want my essay to stand out and be different. So I think I'm going to change my paper to something about why ORV and ATV trails are important and why it is important to have ORV parks for people who like to wheel and mud bog. We all have had our share of wheeling on private property. So I guess I want to write a paper on why they are important to fund ORV parks and ATV trails, keeping them clean, etc. If anybody has info or links that would help me in any way, I'd greatly appreciate it. I want this to be a great paper and any help will be awesome! This is kinda last minute, since I have to have my draft turned in by tomorrow and I have 6 hours to do an outline AND draft right now, so the quicker the help the better!

FYI I didn't know which forum to post this in so hope this works!

#2 ·
What about international picture and how we as a developed nation "Pay" a disproportionate price then industrialized countries who are still developing, and not quite as post industrial as us. How we shoulder more burden for greenism and how our econ suffers from it.

#7 ·
Actually I was being more serious than not. Your comment was very logical and your grammer was very well written. Wasn't bashing it. And yes I am still in college... that's why I'm asking for help for info on ORV trail importance. Nothing gets past you!

#8 · (Edited)
Hahaha Yea! Actually writing about how we wheel on private property would be good. They have sports fields everywhere for people to play football, baseball, soccer, etc. Then people who take up the sport of "wheeling" don't have many close places to have fun. So we find private land to wheel on. Why not make more trails or closer places to wheel?

#9 ·
Not saying we've gotten caught. I've been caught once tho with a few buddies, but we had permission to wheel on it. Over off of Williams Lk Rd by the power lines. My buddy works our with the guy who owns that vacant land and he said we could all go there and do what ever we want. Well we were wheelin in the snow there and 3 White Lake cops pulled back there and there was only one of us actually driving, the rest of us were standing around, and the cops took him away for recreational trespassing. But we had permission so it was bogus. The owner and my buddy fought the ticket and they won. Always having permission is the best thing. Just incase you get caught, you can fight it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.