Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Operation "Welcome Home" the HULK project!

16K views 124 replies 19 participants last post by  babyjp95 
#1 ·
I'm starting a build for a friend of mine that is in Iraq. We are starting out with an 07' JK Unlimited that has a 4" lift with 1 ton U-joints and 35" tires, d30 and d44 axles, it was purchased with a blown motor so we are told, apparently it was hydrolocked, but i haven't had a chance to look it over yet. So for a motor we are gonna do a 6.1 Hemi swap. Other plans include a d44 front fender kit winch, bumpers, sliders, and what ever alse comes to his mind, O ya n beadlocks.:rock:
Here are a few of the pics! this may be a long build dew to the fact that I am a traveling worker and we have about a year to finish, but hoping to have it running by April.:nana::sparks:

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
That's a big negative on the surprise, he's the one funding this project!:usa:

Now i got a little work done while my boy slept yesterday i got the front core support out so i could see the motor. hoping to do a little more work on it today. :rock: Originally he was thinking about just putting a D44 under the front n running it with 5:13's n lock but after some research n he's now thinking of supercharging the 6.1 he's looking for a set of rock jock 60's, so if anyone knows of a good place to get them or a cheaper place to get them the info would be appreciated thx!:poke:
so for now here are a couple of pics.:bdr2::sparks: we even got our first scratch for the project and it was small :woot::woot:

Attachments

#6 ·
By the way I am doing this build thread so the Jake (my friend in Iraq) could watch his jeep going through the stages. So anybody telling me to thank him he will be reading it when he can, n thanks for your support! I did a build for another friend of my 2 years ago when i first found out about this forum n wish i would've done it for him too.

#7 ·
Thanks

Looks like you are getting started...so wish I could be there to help, but we all know what I do, so again thanks for the build and look forward to watching the transformation....also thanks to all that have thanked me...must enjoy this job to be on my 4th deployment...or maybe I am crazy :woot::sonicjay:

#8 · (Edited)
Yes Jake, your absolutly CRAZY!!!

And I'm the other friend. The one that Vince helped 2 years ago while I was in Iraq. No build thread was needed tho. It wasnt half the project as "The Hulk" is going to be. So if your headed to Iraq, and want a Jeep...get to know Vince, buy all the shit you want, and send it to him. It seems to be a common theme in his life. I'm sure he won't mind. :nana:

Jake...Stay safe over there brother, I'm sure i'll be headed out again in the coming year. roadhouse

#10 ·
Thats right I'm always willing to build something, sometimes my job leaves me sitting at home way too much and i need shit to do other than work on my house and watch a year and a half old boy run around and torment me. Now back to the Hulk, didn't get much done again but i got the motor seperated from the trans that's going to be sold cause its a 2wd tranny and the motor on the stand, the boy and I put the accessories on the front of the motor yesterday and got some of the wiring disconnected from the old motor but it's not quite ready to come out yet. I leave for Denver on Monday and got a busy weekend ahead of me so don't no if I'll get anything done before I leave and I be gone for around 6 weeks so the only thing happening will be parts arriving in that time. :woot:

Attachments

#15 ·
Negative Ghostwriter......I just want to have good times with good friends. All 3 of us are never in the same place at the same time.

#16 ·
Well ya'll I'm in Denver now so there won't be much posted from me for about a month or so, but if Spudy has a chance to work on it, or my little bro. I just got word from my bro that he worked on it a bit tonight and got the T-case out and the shafts and the shifter out, but no pic's till either i get home or Spudy posts them sorry!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.