Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

One Ton XJ BUILD

88K views 412 replies 52 participants last post by  bbrancheau 
#1 · (Edited)
Just a thread of the updates im working on for the little XJ.

#271 ·
Okay guys as you can see I have the jeep up and moving now the problem that I'm having is with the dodge Dana 60 being a low pinion. I'm having problems with my front driveshaft angles being that the pig is so long making my front driveshaft short.I just do not like the way it looks. So I picked up a 1979 ford Dana 60 high pinion which is almost complete ready to be installed in the jeep I will be posting pictures of it and the truss and the build the front axle it should be up and moving matter of a month. Will be flipping the dana 300 over because I have the clocking ring. Have to see how much it leaks this will make my decision if I go back to a np231.

#274 ·
this time I will not be going through the bearings like I did with the dodge. this axle everything is moving free and is in good shape other than one bad king pin. I will replace things as needed. going to bust a$$ to try to make it to Dog Party this year..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.