Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
159K views 1K replies 143 participants last post by  Ryanw10 
#1 · (Edited)

I bought my 99 Wrangler used, it already had a 3in BDS lift, Garvin Wilderness rack, 2 sets of rims and tires and all the stock parts.

First set of mods: Arb Bull bumper, Fake beadlocks w/ the ring painted white, Hella Rallye 4000 HIDs, Pioneer AVIC-N1 navigation system. York/Kilby OBA.

Second round of mods: Rubicon Express 4.5 Superflex lift kit, black hinges, black grill cover, Off Road Only Lightdots, Ipod, Cobra CB..

Future plans: Warn 9.5si MOSFET winch, w/ ORO Synthetic Line, BFG Mud Terrians 35's, 4.56 gears(or 33's with 4.10 gears) ARB locker installed in the rear 44, an Aussie Locker installed in the front. Off Road Onlys Swayloc and U-turn, Rokmen Cornor Guards, and Walker Evan Beadlocks.

See less See more
#378 ·
Yep I should have gone 60 in the first place but many parts on this axle will be reused on the front 60 I will be building soon. Jeep is still under a tarp, but only for a few more weeks till finals are over.

#380 ·
I sold it and bought an aeroplane :woot:

Goin back in the garage for the final stage of this build by Friday, then will be comming back out by the end of the month fully operational. I need to get a run under its belt to make sure everything works right. After that its time for paint.

#383 ·
I finally got around and bought some parts for my Jeep this week, 4 used coilover springs and spacers, should be back in the garage by this weekend. Next is fuel tank mods and driveshafts, new fluids, build a center console & hook up the cable shifters, reinstall a few emision and engine parts, steering lines and its done before paint :woot:

#384 · (Edited)
After about 2 months I actually did some work on my Jeep today :sonicjay:

For the first time since June the Jeep is fully resting on its new suspension, I put the rear springs on the coilovers. In the front the flex in buck nutty, Im not even fully flexed out and have about 2.5" left of airbump travel. In the rear its pretty nice too, however I have a problem with my ass. Its to DAMN Narrow :( I think its about 59" wide, and if i remember right i have 1.5" spacers on bringing me out to 62". When I flex the front enough im hitting the rear springs. My rear set of airbumps will be comming soon so I can dial in the rear and at the same time Ill look into buying some 2" rear spacers and see what they will do.

I think Im seriously thinking about going full float on the rear so I can lengthen the tubes some. I think 63-65" will be good. Looking at either using Branik's conversion kit or spidertrax parts.

Here are some numbers, for now they are ok but rough, i can still lower the TJ a couple inch's. 22" to bottom of frame, 26" to the bottom of the rocker, 46" to the bottom of front tube fender and about 76" to the top of hardtop.

Top of that 40" tire is almost 5ft 7" high

High clearence rear fuel cell :woot:

Nice front approach

Nice rear approach, almost 90 degrees

#404 · (Edited)
Thats because he lives at home in his mommy's basement!!!!!

Is this piece of shit done yet???? I need to borrow that atlas when is a good time to stop by and pick it up?

Oh I will take the tires and test them out for you too if you like...I can pick them all up this weekend I will be going right past your house!!.....I meen you parents house....:poke:

#393 ·
I'm amazed that after all the talk about stretched wheel base, D60 axles, 40" tires, etc that you elected to go with narrow axles.:fish: I also think you are sitting too high. For normal trail riding, you should be setting it up for around 4" of up travel. Any more than that & you're just raising your COG. So if you can drop it a couple inches, you should.

Other than that, it looks nice. BTW, since you don't need those stickies for mall crawlin, why don't you make the drive over here with them? I've got some mall approved tires I'll trade you.:teehee:

#395 ·
:blah::blah::blah: so negative :sonicjay: If i were to do it over again Id probably go full width or 65" or more but I can work around with what I have for now. I havent fully set the suspension up but there is room to drop it 2-3". Ill gladly trade you my tires for $2000 :finger: Front 60 will start being built once I start collecting parts

#413 ·
haha, I need to finish up another project before i get this bitch back in the garage. Only need to redo the tank, mount the t-case shifters, re-hook up engine shit, rear brakes, rear air bumps and driveshafts and its done! Then its time for stripping, body work, paint & re-assembly. Will be on the road by April.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.