Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

cable vs dish

2K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  wingman573 
#1 ·
I really don't care.

Discuss.

#3 ·
I have had direct TV for years and just recently tried comcast when we moved. Personally I do not like cable, not because comcast is bad, it just isn't as good as the dish. Dish has more HD and you get more worth while channels for the same (or less) money...

#9 ·
not that we watch every TV in the house at any given time, but I hate, hate, hate the fact that Dish has never been able to adequately solve the issue of whole-house TV, instead forcing the user to get additional converter boxes (typically each with their own additional fees)

We currently run Charter's 3 meg cable internet, have expanded basic TV, and unlimited phone service (everything but international calling) for a grand total of $82.00/mo (that's out the door pricing, including taxes)

I am not a fan of Charter, but the dish folks can't match this. period.

#16 ·
I still can't get all 6 TVs with TV service w/out incurring extra fees...
Master Bed room
Living Room
Den (pc monitor acts as TV as well)
Family Room
Basement/Gym
Garage / kid's bed room <--- portable TV that moves around a bit

the other issue, is DSL's is almost always asynchronus - meaning differing downstream vs. upstream data load capacity. While cable internet is not as good as a dedicated trunk line, it tends to be better than ASDSL in terms up uploading, and/or latency issues.

#20 ·
it is a lot, but when you break it down where they're at, they're obviously not all watched at the same time. Doesn't mean I'm gonna be willing to drag a TV, or converter box around however.

in fact, the family room one is usually used in conjunction with the ps2 and my oldest son playing MLB2008 the big show baseball game.

issue is the way the house is laid out the family room is sorta the kid's room so to speak, and the front/living room = a bit more formal, but also more comfortable TV experience given the large leather sectional, and the biggest TV in the house, a samsung LCD.

Sick to think, that in a couple of years, the kids will each want their own dedicated tv for their own rooms...

#25 ·
Comcast cause that's how I get my paychecks, but, I have dish 'net 'cause cable don't come to farmland for us ********.

;-)

I don't have any problem with the satellite 'net. On really bad rainy days it might have an issue, but then, so will cable from time to time. I'd say in 4 years I've only been cut off from the outside about a dozen days. You learn to find something else to do.
Remember back when we didn't have the internet?
Thank you Mr. Gore.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.