Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
9K views 154 replies 37 participants last post by  dline 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Now that's racing

If you ever get a chance to drive a Viper, do it. Just be careful and respectful. That car is nothing but pure power. Like strapping a rocket to your ass and lighting the fuse.

#8 ·
The corvette just does nothing for me honestly. It seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry have one. The Viper is at least an eye turner and balls to the wall. I don't even notice Vettes anymore.

#31 ·
Nah, I haven't driven a new one, but my neighbor had a first gen viper and he let me drive it in exchange for me letting him drive my Z06. We were both in the passenger seat when the other drive, and I can honestly say that the vette felt faster in every gear than the viper.

The viper did draw alot more attention and it felt very different to drive (alot of torque), but in first and second gear especially the Z06 pulled harder. I'm sure the new ones are way different though, just like the new Z06s.

#38 ·
ZR1 Performance
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A stunning new benchmark in Corvette performance
With its 638 horsepower LS9 supercharged V8, ZR1 is capable of 205 mph on the test track
6.2 Liter V8 with Eaton TVS Supercharger and intercooler produces 604 lb.-ft of torque
Massive Brembo Carbon Ceramic Brakes
I'll take the vette

#50 ·
I look at Corvettes all day, my boss has 4 that i know of, a new Z06, a C5 Z06 to race on the track, another Z06 thats being rebuilt for pure full on track racing and a parts car. Modern Vette's do nothing for me. The exterior looks nice, but the interior looks 1 step above an Aveo.

#69 ·
Okay, correction patrol:

The new one is a ZR1, not ZR-1 like in the 90's

With torque, it's lb./ft. not ft./lb.

And BTW, I can't drive either one of them because there is no room for a couple of car seats in them!

#84 ·
And thats not even its "official" time. The driver was one of the major engineers from the ZR1 project, Jim Mero. With a professional driver behind the wheel, it could set a time quite a bit lower than that.

Not to say that it could beat the Vipers time, but it could be close.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.