Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Advice?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  QUIETLAKE 
#1 ·
This may seem like a very elementary question but I'm new to all this, so suggestions on my first time trail riding at the mounds in the snow?

I have had my jeep for just about two years and I am still learning. 2in bb, 1inch body lift, 33x12.50 bfg a/t's

Any advice would be greatly helpful.

Let the newbie massacre begin...

#2 ·
Snow is a lot like sand . . .
Play with your tire pressure for better traction.

Different tires have different "ideal" pressures for different terrains.

Other than that; lockers.

#7 ·
If you see any water, it's probably pretty deep or deeper! Tire pressure is important like mentioned above. Lockers are something you'll NEVER EVER regret. A winch is handy, but a buddy vehicle is a must. Learn how to properly use bondo!

#8 ·
your only on 33's keep the tire pressure at road level, you need every bit of ground clearance for the ruts.

Go with someone who knows the place, so you don't drive over an ice hole and fall in only to realize its 4' deep.

#9 ·
My 33's are C range so even at 14psi they're not very low. My bro has BFG AT's and I believe his are C range too. They don't squat too much. It's a toss up. He's right though. You may just find a 4' water hole!:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.