Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Free Pallets

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  lgottler 
#1 ·
Hi, anyone kno where i can get a lot of free pallets? We use them for big bonfires, and go through about 80 per night so if you have a lot you need to get rid of and are near Utica let me kno

Thanks,
Brandon

#3 ·
I do the same thing. I get mine from work and next door ( work at a subaru dealer, toyota next door). Just go to different stores or dealers that get shippments and they just throw them away or throw them out back. Just got 15 from toyota last week, full load in my little truck.

But yea just hit up different stores

#5 ·
yep thats y i am asking on here we got yelled at by cops for taking pallets that cvs told us we can have... The cop was a total dick and told us we were gonna kill ourselves with the fumes off the pallets but that wouldnt be any worse than the drugs hes sure we had lmao i love it when they search you and find you dont have any... i kno if i was a cop i'd feel like a d-bag after that lol

#10 ·
Brandon,

There is a company called SEMAC in Troy. They are the aftermarket installers of the Suburban Collection. (I think the street they are on is called Northwood) go there or call them and ask if it is okay for you to raid their pallet pile. Last time I looked they had semi loads full of f-ed up accessory pallets out back. They are not re-usable for anything, so they have to dispose of them.

I've filled my truck up dozens of times there. They have always told me to take as many as possible.

Also, glass companies have good burnin' wood. Try them as well.

#11 ·
You can get paid for used pallets too. I think its 2-4 bucks a pallet in good condition. We are always chasing off guys steeling pallets. We actually have to chain ours together now.

Last year we BOUGHT! 60 pallets for a job, only to come back over the weekend and we were left with about 10...and we piled them behind a bunch of steel bins to help prevent them from being taken! Bastards.

We pay $1 a good pallet now to all employees or anyone who drops 'em off at our door. Usually when making deliveries, if we see 'em, we ask for 'em and take 'em.

Laser Cutting Co. off Groesbeck/ M59. Last fall they said they had 10' stacks of big pallets (5x10 or 5x12) and to swing by during the day and ask for them, and take them. They need a chainsaw to cut them up to even move the friggin things, but there's a possible source. I sent 3 guys last time just to load our stake truck up.

Lucas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.