Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

*SOLD*1997 V8 318 Jeep Grand Cherokee $5000.00

4K views 47 replies 12 participants last post by  trailblazin08 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
THIS THING IS ONE TOUGH JEEP PEOPLE...SO HERE'S WHAT WE GOT WELL LET'S START WITH A 7IN CLAYTON OFF-ROAD LONG-ARM SUSPENSION.13IN OF TRAVEL..LIMITER STRAP'S MOUNTED ON BOTH AXLES.JOHNNY-JOINT'S WERE ALL REBUILT IN NOVEMBER 2011 BY ME. NEW HEIM-JOINT'S TOO INSTALLED ON 2011 JUST RECENTLY PUT IN 2 NEW TIE-ROD END'S AND A NEWWITH 4:88 GEARS AND A RATCHET STYLE LOCKER INSTALLED IN THE CARRIER..AND THE REAR IS A DANA 44HD WITH 4:88 GEARS AND WITH A FULLY LOCKED LOCKER..ALSO A 231 TRANSFER CASE WITH A SLIP YOKE ELIMINATOR KIT INSTALLED TOO HIGH ANGLE DRIVES-HAFTS TRANS WAS REBUILT BEFORE I PURCHASED AND TRANSFER CASE HAS BEEN REBUILT . 318 V-8 NEWER ENGINE UNKNOWN MILEAGE THOUGH KEVIN'S OFF-ROAD FRONT BUMPER WITH A SMITTY BILT 8000LB WINCH AND TWO HELLA BLACK-MAGIC 500 OFF-ROAD LIGHTS TOO THE WHOLE REAR METAL HAS BEEN REPLACED ALSO HAS A OFF-ROAD BUMPER MOUNTED UNDER THE STOCK PLASTIC BUMPER THIS JEEP IS SOLID AND EVERY THING IS GREASABLE ON THE SUSPENSION ALSO HAS NEW J.K.S SWAY BAR DISCONNECTS INSTALLED TOO THE INTERIOR IS IN GOOD SHAPE IF I MISSED ANY THING PLEASE GIVE A CALL ALSO THERE IS A LIEN THROUGH MY BANK IF YOU BUY THIS IN PERSON I CAN GO TO MY BANK SAME DAY AND HAVE THE LIEN LIFTED THANKS ALSO IT HAS 35X12.50-15 MIKEY THOMPSON M.T.Z MUD TIRES WITH LESS THAN 2000 MILES MOUNTED ON 15X8 MICKEY THOMPSON WHEELS I WILL ALSO INCLUDE 2 RUST FREE FRONT DOORS 2 RUST FREE FENDERS AND A RUST FREE REAR HATCH WITH POP GLASS FUNCTION ALL THOSE PARTS COST ME $700.00 THE REAR FRAME HAS BEEN BEEFED UP WITH 11 GAUGE STEEL AND 3/4IN PLATE STEEL HAS BEEN WRAPPED AROUND THE FRAME RAILS TO BEEF UP THE REAR OF THE JEEP. If You have any more question's about the jeep please call my cell phone that is the best way to contact me
My Number is 989-657-2677
my name is jared THE PRICE IS $5000.00 FIRM..Sold

See less See more
#10 ·
Let me try to do a Cliffs notes version for the capitalization impared...

1997 ZJ Grand Cherokee (Laredo?)
newer 5.2L V8
rebuilt 44RE automatic
rebuilt NP231 with SYE
Clayton's long arm suspension
7" springs
Rancho shocks (last time I looked)
JKS disconnects (new)
HP XJ Dana 30 front
4.88 gears (new by previous owner)
lunchbox locker
newer brakes
XJ Dana 44 rear
Clayton's truss and mounts
4.88 gears
Detroit (as I recall)
newer brakes (disks I believe)
Kevin's offroad bumper
Smittybulit 8000lb winch
35" MTZ's on 15x10 MT wheels
includes rust-free front doors, fenders, and hatch

$5000

Call J-rod at nine eight nine six five seven two six seven seven

#20 ·
Dont do it

I just drove 9 1/2 hours one way yesterday to purchase this jeep. Come to find when you crawl under the jeep and look up all you see is holes in the unibody. Specifically there is a hole in the rocker area of the driver's side approximately 2 feet long. The pics Jared sent me did not show this damage, they only showed the better areas of the unibody. Also he agreed to take $4200 from me prior to me seeing the vehicle in persom so dont give him the $4800 he is asking for. He will at least come down to $4200. And that is if you want to buy a vehicle that will probaby break in half when you are off roading. Like I said I drove 9 1/2 hrs one way with $4200 in cash in hand with all intentions to purchase this jeep but had to walk away. Also it appears as though the rear main seal is also leaking.

#21 ·
On a good note the jeep did drive pretty good, the 4wheel drive worked well, the tires are in basically new shape and the interior isnt bad. But there is alot of rust on this vehicle and for sure structural stability questions. Just make sure you look at this jeep before you pull the trigger and hand Jared any money. He should be asking for $2500 for the parts on the jeep and run the rest into the Lake. Just sayin.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.