Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Mall rated sheep build aka "the other gray LJ"

207K views 2K replies 80 participants last post by  green50gt 
#1 · (Edited)
So I went and did something I never thought I'd do, I bought a Jeep.

Found a 04 LJ at daveys jeeps in Ohio. Of course it's a salvage title, but that doesn't bother me. Had front end damage. Grille, fenders, hood, radiator. Other then that it is pretty clean and interior is spotless. Higher miles at 200k, but runs out good.

I decided on a Jeep because I wanted the convertible type rig that was 4x4. And an eb in similar condition would be three times the cost. Not a lot of other options. I felt I was putting to many miles dd'ing my f350 so I would pick something up for spring/summer/fall.
Build process by Cheapthrillb2, on Flickr

Build process by Cheapthrillb2, on Flickr

See less See more
#199 ·
Novak mounts are tacked in, picked up the transmission from the trans shop. Just need to stop and get a torque converter. Hoping to set the drivetrain in tomorrow.

Picked up some ls3 Camaro manifolds, and ordered up a new radiator from superior radiator in Mt. Clemens.

#211 ·
That is what I was referring to, the one tons.

Also curious as to the radiator and trans cooler setup and hydro steering cooler.

Mine will get hot if I run it hard for a while, crawling no issue.

I do have a lot of coolers stacked up front and a winch and light bar so I am not surprised but I need to change it up before next summer.

Oh and you wanna race? :teehee:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.