Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Mr. Beefy's "not quite yet U4 buggy" build

358K views 3K replies 117 participants last post by  Mr. Beefy 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright fine, I'll make a new build thread :finger: :sonicjay:

Bought a MandM offroad chassis from PJ, super good dude to deal with and super nice. HIGHLY recommend. http://mandmfab.com/id68.html
This is chassis #20

Order placed on Monday 11-5 at about noon..

Got this on 11-6.

11-9

11-12

11-13

See less See more
#1,037 ·
I have always ran non greasable Spicers with tack welded caps to the shafts. I have never broke a cross shaft. The joint in this shaft looks fine other then the two missing caps. It looks as ifni could slide two caps on and keep running it. Obviously I won't lol.

In all honestly, I have been running a front 60 now for 3-4 yrs I think. And it has been the same inner shafts this whole time, wore out my lock right and rounded the teeth with these same shafts. This was my first inner shaft failure. I have broke multiple 30 spline stubs. But I have been running these same d70 Spicer 35 spline stubs for 2.5 yrs? With no failures.

#1,042 ·

From the broken shaft. The one cap in the stub, the tacks broke and the cap spun a little and lost the clip. I think when I put this back together I will tack the caps and full circle clip them. With non vreasabke I don't tack very heavy as to not burn all the grease out of the joint.

#1,060 ·
I got hosed on the burnout contest. Took first in tough truck but only two in my class and course was uper weak.

Competed yesterday at rock solids event. Much better course. Rock solid does a very good job with the limited space and making the course fun for the crowd and not a winch fest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.