Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Stiffed on getting my grass cut - need advice and cutting

18K views 170 replies 64 participants last post by  Christmas Cookie 
#1 · (Edited)
So bought a house and love it! During the whole transaction the sellers were complete a holes! Made the whole transaction damn near unbearable. I only asked for 3 things; for the garage man door that was kicked in during the time of purchase to be replaced, a window pane in the garage door to be replaced and for the grass to be cut. This was written into the purchase agreement as an addendum and was signed by them and I. Well the garage door and window pane were replaced however the sellers basically said screw you to getting the grass cut the final time.

Originally the whole yard was being kept up but once I was locked in they stopped paying for lawn service. I spoke with my realtor and was informed the sellers have stopped answering emails and won't accept phone calls. I was told I should pursue small claims court. I'm thinking about this however have been told its more a waste of time and energy. (Probably karma) should I go see the people court?

So is there anyone local (gl4x4 member) that could now my lawn for under $300? 2.5 acres mix of open and hilly terrain. 3/4 is decent lawn but the rest is 2' tall grass or surrounded by trees. Not asking for free but less then I was quoted. If not I'll do it my self as I know the lawn company needs to make profit too and I'm no charity case.

Additionally while I don't believe in revenge, I feel obligated to inform others of the sellers dasterdly deeds. Awhile back I learned the sellers have a business of custom woodworking and custom archery bow making. I was wondering if that businesses information should be known to all so the buying public doesn't get wronged. What say ye?

Cliffs: bought house, sellers legally agreed to have lawn cut and renigged on doing so. Should I take them to small claims court or let the world wide web spread the word of their wrong doing. Also can someone cut my lawn for less then $300?

See less See more
#42 ·
I can not wait to see this lawn in a couple of weeks after Andy mows it once, goes and buys a huge POS tractor, it breaks, he doesn't mow it, hates mowing it, regrets buying so much property, cant afford to pay someone $300 to mow it and it turns into a veritable forest. Township sends him a letter to get his disgraceful yard mowed, he starts a thread to complain about his rights being violated, ahhhh.......

I love Scooterbuilt threads. This shit should be a TV show.

#51 ·
Go buy yourself an old 70's or 80's era mower.....you know, the kind that were actually built well and can be repaired when they break....you will be in it a couple hundred bucks and it will last a very long and be way more durable than today's consumer grade shit.

Then go mow the dam lawn.

#59 ·
I agree, the principle of ignoring the contract is very irritating. Sometimes the energy wasted on getting revenge is worth it, but in the long run, it fawking sucks.

Let it go, maybe they will get fawked by an errant wood working tool.

#75 ·
mailto:2bvm3-3935351591@sale.craigslist.org?subject=John%20Deere%20115%20Lawn%20Tractor%20-%20%24800%20%28White%20Lake%29&body=%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fdetroit.craigslist.org%2Fokl%2Fhsh%2F3935351591.html%0A

Here you go, you can where your overalls and straw hat chanting "yay I'm a farmer yay".
Sweet link bro!

#78 ·
I agree you need to mow your lawn but the agreement to me is a matter of principle..
Your realtor should have made sure that all aspects of sale were done, that's why they make a commission.
I would first start with both realtors, for $300.00 they should split it.
1) Hire someone to mow it
2) File in small claims court
3) buyers lives out of state and even if you lose he has the expense of travelling..I would bet they would pay before incurring the expense of travel.
either way you win!

My mom had a peacock off Baldwin in Grand Blanc (it stayed with house when she moved), they are cool birds and worth the food to just have it around. they don't bother anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.