Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

SCRAPPED - 1999 XJ shell (light roll) - *good for replacing your floors*

16K views 102 replies 38 participants last post by  PavementPounder 
#1 · (Edited)
I'll update this list with more specifics as I look it over and take pics. I've pretty much taken out all the major components. The motor, trans, t-case, axles, fuel tank, computers (engine & trans), door shells, headliner, radio head unit, complete hatch assembly, and complete suspension are already gone. There are no more aftermarket components left. This vehicle had low miles and was well cared for - the remaining parts should be in good condition and it has been stored indoors since I got it.

You get:

• The unibody. It has plenty of sections on it that might be useable for patching. Door shells are gone (all damaged). Hatch assembly is gone. No glass. All doors, window regulator assemblies and door guts are gone. I didn't pull any fuse blocks. No bumpers.
  • Engine peripherals. This includes A/C parts, and most other things that were not attached to the engine. The washer resivoir and radiator are already gone.
  • Other mechanicals, such as the blower motor, heater core, etc. I'm not digging that stuff out.
  • Clean title. (Basically for disposal of the shell or if you want to "buggy" it.)
  • Remainder of the alarm system.
  • Whatever wiring was not cut when removing other parts. Some harnesses were cut due to certain connectors being needed for swapping items like the transmission into other vehicles.

If the parts are visibly missing in the pics below, they are already gone.

Please ask or come look at it if you want to know if specific parts are still there. You must take it whole and it doesn't roll, so a trailer with a winch on it would be a good idea.

Now $300.00.

Scrapped.

See less See more
#11 ·
PICS? There is somone else in highland I think that is selling a cargo rack for a trailor hitch, and I want it bad. So if they ever get back to me, mayby I can set it up to check out this thing at the same time. But pics for now would be great. Thanks.

#12 ·
PICS? There is somone else in highland I think that is selling a cargo rack for a trailor hitch, and I want it bad.
You mean this one? Amazing things happen when you get in the car and drive to where the parts for sale are located. Sorry, man. :tonka:

#18 ·
The parking brake assembly is not available per the first post.

The TC bezel is for a 242. Is that the one you want?

I'll have to verify whether the female seat belt ends are still there.

With the current price of scrap and the other remaining items still on it (brakes, stereo, airbag, heater core, A/C parts, etc), you'd really be better off taking the entire thing. The Power Brake Assembly is now listed separately. If it sells, I'll lower the price on the remainder.

#26 ·
I waited a long time and tried selling it as whole as possible so people could do exactly that. All the damage was on the outer shell. Still went straight down the road without holding the wheel, too.

#44 ·
E brake stuff? I need the divider and cables to the rear.
Did U figure out if the head liner would fit another year???
I have a 94 that could use one.
Also thinking about replacing the rear hatch seal, will it work???

I have dr side door seal rubber and mechanicle part of the hood latch (still in pkg)

#45 ·
Did U figure out if the head liner would fit another year???
Uh, I wasn't trying to. It sold back in August to a guy in Cali.

Also thinking about replacing the rear hatch seal, will it work???
No, its sold. There's another thread for all the trim.

I have dr side door seal rubber and mechanicle part of the hood latch (still in pkg)
Not sure what you are getting at.

E brake stuff? I need the divider and cables to the rear.
This is all that is left of the e-brake cables.

#46 ·
Is the steering column still available and how much. Need one asap to help a friend that had her stolen and recovered. Just got it back today from the impound yard and it needs a steering column. Please PM me or call my cell if you still have the column and are selling it. I'll PM ya my cell #

Never mind...just saw the post that said the cover went with the column...i'll keep looking

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.