Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

SCRAPPED - 1999 XJ shell (light roll) - *good for replacing your floors*

16K views 102 replies 38 participants last post by  PavementPounder 
#1 · (Edited)
I'll update this list with more specifics as I look it over and take pics. I've pretty much taken out all the major components. The motor, trans, t-case, axles, fuel tank, computers (engine & trans), door shells, headliner, radio head unit, complete hatch assembly, and complete suspension are already gone. There are no more aftermarket components left. This vehicle had low miles and was well cared for - the remaining parts should be in good condition and it has been stored indoors since I got it.

You get:

• The unibody. It has plenty of sections on it that might be useable for patching. Door shells are gone (all damaged). Hatch assembly is gone. No glass. All doors, window regulator assemblies and door guts are gone. I didn't pull any fuse blocks. No bumpers.
  • Engine peripherals. This includes A/C parts, and most other things that were not attached to the engine. The washer resivoir and radiator are already gone.
  • Other mechanicals, such as the blower motor, heater core, etc. I'm not digging that stuff out.
  • Clean title. (Basically for disposal of the shell or if you want to "buggy" it.)
  • Remainder of the alarm system.
  • Whatever wiring was not cut when removing other parts. Some harnesses were cut due to certain connectors being needed for swapping items like the transmission into other vehicles.

If the parts are visibly missing in the pics below, they are already gone.

Please ask or come look at it if you want to know if specific parts are still there. You must take it whole and it doesn't roll, so a trailer with a winch on it would be a good idea.

Now $300.00.

Scrapped.

See less See more
#62 ·
They all flew out of the garage a couple months ago after I posted them to NAXJA and JeepForum.

Guess you should have bought that brand-new $40 one off eBay you told me about back in August. Sounded like a hell of a deal. :sonicjay:

#66 ·
Hi! You have alot of messages on this thread so I apologize if you already answered this question....

Do you still have the gauge cluster?
Yes. :thumb:

#73 ·
Damn it PP, you had to hang onto this for this long, didn't you? :poke::teehee:
I'm going to look at one tomorrow that has front damage, I might need this for parts (mainly the front core section that holds on the driver's fender). Also, do you still have the ECM or no? Just curious. I know that I would have to buy the whole thing, so I won't even ask you to cut it. I'll know more tomorrow. Even if it doesn't work out, BUMP!!! for ya :sonicjay:

#74 ·
It still has a lot of good sheetmetal, including the front unibody.

ECM is already gone.

If you do buy the whole shell, you can probably get what you need AND make your money back if you take the time to slice out all the floors and sell them on NAXJA. They are very nice and XJ's did not change for many years.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.