Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Balancing Mickey Thompson MTZs

600 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bdd1469 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever had any issues balancing MTZs? I had a tire store try to balance them and couldn't do it with weights so they added 6 oz of balancing beads, but they still shake like crazy starting around 40-45 mph. I talked with Discount Tire and they said they probably wouldn't balance because Mickey Thompson tires don't balance well. I did some searches and couldn't find any info about balancing issues with these tires.

These are 315/70/17s on AEV Pintler wheels on a 07 JKU. Tires have approx 10,000 miles on them and have very even wear.

#4 ·
I would find a different discount,one that wants to help you instead of blowing smoke up your ass.I've seen lots of mtz ballence up fine,i've also seen tires from every manufacturer have terrible run out ,they used to call them blems.I had a similer problem with a bfg, tod at midwest tire wouldnt do any thing about it,said it was normal, the steering wheel shaking like a dog shitting razer blades is not normal.I went to discount and they warrenteed my whole set and bfg reimbursed them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.