Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1982 Jeep CJ-8 Laredo. Original Paint & Decals. No Rust

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Scramfam 
#1 ·
Hi Folks.
Welp, after 2 1/2 years of restoration, my original 1982 Jeep CJ-8 Laredo is for sale. Here's the write up:

Two years ago I searched six months for a good, honest Scrambler Laredo. My goal was to find a great vehicle for enjoying our fantastic Michigan summers. During my search, I thought through many of the same things you might be considering. I wanted an honest “what you see is what you get” “no surprises” kind of Jeep. One that lived some life, had some great stories and character. That's what you'll get with this Scrambler. I found the beginnings of this Scrambler in Phoenix Arizona. It had great “bones”— original paint and decals, no rust and lots of promise.

Over the last two years I’ve worked hard to gently restore this Scrambler while at the same time installing period-credible features that I believe should have come from the factory — a full roll cage and an AMC 360 cubic inch V8. If you’ve ever restored a vehicle, you know this requires an enormous amount of time and money. Here’s an overview of some of the major investments I made in the process:

ENGINE: AMC 360 from a 1979 Cherokee Chief — approximately 100K miles.

TRANSMISSION: T-176.

DRIVE SHAFTS: Tom Woods shaft custom built (rear), stock front.

EXHAUST: Custom chrome-tipped dual exhaust. Great note, cool look.

WHEELS & TIRES: Beautiful Original chrome wheels with new BFG All-Terrain KO’s (32x11.50).

BODY: This vehicle is really nice, but not a show car. You’ll find an expected number of minor scratches and dings. You’ll also find that some of the paint is getting thin in spots — hood. The stickers are all in-tact but they are faded.

SOFT TOP & DOORS: The soft top is a black denim from STC. The doors are Best Top two-piece soft doors

CHASSIS & UNDERBODY: While I’ve never detailed the underbelly, it has no rust or any evidence of collision or damage. I’ve replaced all of the tie rods and upgraded the shocks, everything else is stock — suspension, axles, transfer case.

INTERIOR: This Scrambler comes with beautifully restored Nutmeg Laredo seats. Both front seats have original seatbacks with reupholstered seat cushions. The original stripes and carpet were re-used by the upholsterer to ensure that the seats looked “right.” The rear seat is original and in great shape.

ORIGINAL SALES DOCUMENTS AND GLOVEBOX INFORMATION!!!!: These are FUN! You’ll also get some of the original printed dealership materials for this vehicle: Window Sticker, Sales History Computer Punch Cards, Vehicle Invoice, Warranty Documents, Service Agreement, Original Auto Insurance Application

PROFESSIONALLY BUILT ROLL CAGE: This is no “shade tree” fab job. The cage was custom built by JCR Off-Road Fabrications. IThe “A” Hoop is bolted to a flange that is welded to the frame. The “B” and “C” hoops are bolted to the factory roll bar mounting locations. The “C” hoop also includes mounts for rear shoulder harnesses. The vehicle comes with stock lap belts.

*OE HARD TOP, HARD DOORS (no rust) & BULKHEAD sold separately.

Price $9,500

No Trades (sorry)

Attachments

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.