Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Help identifying axle pics up

6K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  JeepRover 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm told it's a 1ton axle from a mid 90's ford duelly.

Hopefully the numbers I've taken off it can help without a picture.

All the numbers I found -

209-75
B

The "70" leads me to believe it may be a dana 70? I'm clueless when it comes to axles, any help will be much appreciated. Looking to throw the guy an offer on it, and make a few bucks.

#20 ·
$100 axle is about it. Sitting in the dirt with rusted studs and now bad brakes.

#21 ·
What you have there is a standard dana 70 dually axle, sometimes referred to as a 70 b because of the b cast in the top. The axle is not out of a van or motorhome because it has equal length tubes. As far as I know, all ford version 70 axles from vans have unequal tubes. It also is most likely ford axle due to the ford style spring pads. So, that axle is most likely a 1973-1986 commercial (flatbed) axle. In my opinion that is worth less than 100 bucks due to the fact that the axle shafts are specific to that axle. No other dana 70 shares the same length axle shafts as a ford commercial, making spares hard to find (I know, I've been there)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.