Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Lets See Your Tow Rig

391K views 1K replies 419 participants last post by  SHARPMACHINE 
#1 · (Edited)

2001 Super Duty 7.3 My DD and Toy Hauler 135,000 mi.

See less See more
#224 ·
heres mine!! 06 cummins with 8.5" long arm kit with 37" procomp AT with 20" KMC monsters. it pulls my coil spring, 4 linked, triangulated, v8 powered YJ

#334 ·
tough call!!

Had this......Sold it last Weds....

Bought this

And now it has 226K on it.....

Thats a tough call!!! Giving up a 350 long bed for a 250 shortbed. The 250 has more power, better paint and front clip, but the 350 is longer and a solid front end. Six of one, Half dozen of the other! Should be a good truck. Dont waste any time swapping in a solid front though!! Ive never been in a worse ride than in a 250 shortbed powerstroke towing a trailer through evenly spaced asphalt patches. My 350 longbed would eat them up like a benz.

#335 ·
Thats a tough call!!! Giving up a 350 long bed for a 250 shortbed. The 250 has more power, better paint and front clip, but the 350 is longer and a solid front end. Six of one, Half dozen of the other! Should be a good truck. Dont waste any time swapping in a solid front though!! Ive never been in a worse ride than in a 250 shortbed powerstroke towing a trailer through evenly spaced asphalt patches. My 350 longbed would eat them up like a benz.

I have F250 so I would say it tough keep tires from chew. THEY are prone to mess alignment when tie rods or bushing is worn out. NO fun to replaced 3 u joints on front axle.

They do ride ok for me.

My 95 F250 with 351W. I change gear from 4.10 to 3.55. It was get 9 mpg now. It get 12 mpg at 80 mph until I remove cat converter and replaced exhaust y pipe. Now I can get 15-16 mpg at 80-90 mph.

We went to Saginaw back to Dearborn on Wednesday.

We try get picture of truck now.
This was in February with only 74K miles. Now it have 82K miles.

#230 ·
here area some current pics. they are both running 37s

#245 ·
I did post up my sweet buick roadmaster earlier in this thread but I ended up buying this instead:

Its a 95 ford one ton five speed manual 7.3 liter turbo diesel. Bought it for $3500, and it has 327,000 miles on the ticker. Runs like new, pulled my jeep up to drummond this year and pulled my buddy's back after his tranny died. Im so glad I held out for a diesel manual truck, it pulls so nice. As you can see from the pics I have yet to buy a trailer...