Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Help Please: Hypertech tuner with modified transmission?

669 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  IFS SUCKS 
#1 · (Edited)
I had my 4L60E rebuilt and had the guy "firm" the shifting. I don't know how he did it, valving, maybe just the new clutches did it. It's not a very hard shift I just noticed a slight bit of improvement. My question is can I use the shift improvement options on my hypertech 2 programmer or will this cause problems with the computer/ trans... It asks if there is a shift kit when programming, but it was not a "shift kit" exactly does this matter? Can this be determined without knowing exactly what has been done to the trans?
Thanks

#3 ·
When I was reading about the Econ programmer it says not to be used with modified transmissions.

Or maybe it was another brand or programmer but I don't know if I would. Maybe email or call hypertech.

#4 ·
I had my 4l60e rebuilt with a shift kit and already had my trans tuned by pcmforless,trans kept overheating.Come to found out with both the shift kit and trans tune it was causing excessive line pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.