Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Gas under $1.00 soon?

6K views 83 replies 40 participants last post by  Marine_mike 
#1 ·
Oil is now below $50 bucks a barrel. Costco is selling for $1.67 for 87.

Under a $1.00 before the new year?

#12 ·
gas is cheap now. wait til granholm raises the tax to $2.00 a gallon. so many people are leaving there isn't much to tax but gas. :teehee: she will not allow any relief for the people of michigan on her watch. and thats a promise :sonicjay:

#15 ·
Once again, I think you are wrong.

Too many people were impacted with the $4/gallon.
Too many people complained about full size SUV's thus changing production
Too many people believe that gas will come back up at one point
Too many people believe in the myth called global warming

#46 ·
There are a couple reason for the drop, First they have been working to remove this from the futures and base it back on supply and demand. But the biggest reason is that to many are working towards freeing us from being fossil fuel dependent, huge programs and goverment grants. Look at what just happened to Pickens. His huge project was just cut in half because it doesn't make since with lower fuel cost. The oil giants will hold long enough to kill off all of these programs... including the Volt, because people won't be able to justify the cost. When they are all abandon.... fuel prices will work thier way back up. This isn't the first time this has happened. We have a little time. Short of ol'mole face adding a huge tax. If she does we should all band together and propose adding another .01 so she could get that mole removed.
AWK

#47 ·
There are a couple reason for the drop, First they have been working to remove this from the futures and base it back on supply and demand. But the biggest reason is that to many are working towards freeing us from being fossil fuel dependent, huge programs and goverment grants. Look at what just happened to Pickens. His huge project was just cut in half because it doesn't make since with lower fuel cost. The oil giants will hold long enough to kill off all of these programs... including the Volt, because people won't be able to justify the cost. When they are all abandon.... fuel prices will work thier way back up. This isn't the first time this has happened. We have a little time. Short of ol'mole face adding a huge tax. If she does we should all band together and propose adding another .01 so she could get that mole removed.
AWK

I wouldnt mind paying an extra tax to get that mole removed, as long as it stays attached to her face....

#59 ·
I heard that too at the liquor store. so I drove home and got all my gas cans and even a few empty milk containers and pop bottles and filled them with gas so I have a stock pile. :nana:

#77 ·
Here's my theory, It is a well proven conspiracy fact that the auto industry and the oil companies are in kahutes. With all the ppl buying huge SUV, and trucks in the last 3-4 years.. it opened up the opportunity for oil prices to go way up.. because ppl were locked into these vehicles. Well when that changes...the oil companies suddenly started to take a hit. When ppl actually drove less..... they hurt the oil gurues. Well now that the big three are heading to shitzville.... the oil companies are trying to boost sales by dropping fuel costs and increasing demand for oil. That's my conspiracy theory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.