Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Tigers '2012

21K views 346 replies 44 participants last post by  booblinker 
#1 ·
So far so good. But Figured I'd make one thread for me to bitch about Leyland, Raburn and inge in future games instead of making multiple threads.

#39 ·
Inge .059 Raburn .073..... Oh well at least Papa "Todd Jones" Grande held onto the save. So when is this super scary hitting team gonna start averaging over 4 runs a game?

#42 ·
This team has been a complete and utter disappointment This year, boesch, peralta. avila, raburn, inge and santiago all hitting well below their average. Pitching has been meh. Why the fuck can't they get their shit together?

#47 ·
The Mariners are awful, by the numbers they are the worst hitting team in the league. Not to mention that they just got served up a perfect game by Chicago's number 5 starter. And why on Earth was Inge and his .096 batting average (he did manage to raise it to .100 by the end of the game) in the starting lineup? Just awful.

I keep seeing Dave Dombrowski at the Biggby Coffee in Birmingham in the mornings lately. If the Tigers keep performing like this, somebody is going to dump a hot cup of coffee on him while he reads his paper.

#48 ·
I'm just a casual observer so take that for what its worth...

But to me the way the MLB playoff is structured any bumps in the road are somewhat note worthy, specially ones where you are outscored 32-16 and are 1 for 5 in those games.

Since this isn't the NHL where half of the teams make the playoffs, and given recent history, since this is not New York, Tampa, or Boston a wild card spot can pretty much be ruled out it all comes down to winning your division and little bumps in the road like this could be things that are looked back on later in the year as serious lost opportunities.

#51 ·
Hitting will come together, but Tigers need a #5 pitcher and a decent second baseman if they wanna be good. I think the best bet right now would be to have Santiago as full time 2nd baseman.

#56 ·
Tigers started out 5-0, and one two of them walk off, blew the 1 game twice. In the last 15 they are 5-10. Pitching sucks, hitting sucks(should have had at least 2-3 more tonight) fielding sucks, error on easy fly ball that scored a run, then lose the game after 2 wild pitches. This Is quite possible the most overpaid team ever, I want to think it will turn around, but just feels like the other years where the tigers were suppose to be "great" and ended up a bunch of overpaid, underachieving players. Tigers have been lucky the last few years with having no names pull through, but that ain't always gonna work for ya.

#59 ·
Nice to see a win, even if Veleverde made it look hard at the end. Inge gone, Raburn possibly injured, the Jew hater gone for now. This season is starting to look better.

#63 ·
Inge picked up by A's as starting third base? Wow...

#66 ·
Well as of 15% through the season my original thought on Fielder was correct. Suspend the whole fucking team for a week, and let them get back to the basics, maybe they could hot over 220 as a team then.

#69 ·
WTF our bullpen sucks this year.

#75 ·
I agree that he should have pulled him sooner, after teh 2 walks, but with 5 blown saves from our bullpen there's not a lot Leyland can do.

#76 ·
This is just a thought, but how bout jimmy leaving a starting pitcher in the game longer than 7 innings when said pitcher was DOMINATING the game and had only thrown 73 pitches through 7. What did he give up... 3 hits...one of which he picked off. We had a bullpen that needed a little rest and a starting pitcher that stepped up to give the bullpen the rest it needed. Instead jimmy always managing for tomorrow rather than winning today had to step in and "save" phister for "tomorrow".

#84 ·
dude, he was the king of the 2 outs, down by a run, 2 guys in scoring position check swing strike out....

come thru in the clutch? when?

I will admit he has had a decent batting average in the post season, but situationally I don't know if any of his hits have done a damn thing for helping the tigers win a game. I didn't look that far into it.

#85 ·
Another good start fucked up by our non-existent hitting and shitty bullpen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.