Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

fat guy no more!

112K views 973 replies 130 participants last post by  Shotgun 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I got on the scale lastnight and WOW I'm super fat :( (318.6lbs).so today is the day I start doing something about it! Im only going to drink water(also some beer):teehee: watching what I eat and doing some biking to start.
I will be happy if I can get down to 220-240 range !
Week 1-312.2lbs=-6.4
week 2-302.8lbs=-9.4
week 3-300.1lbs=-2.7
week4-298.0lbs=-2.1
Week5-295.2lbs=-2.8
Week6-293.8lbs=-1.4
Week12?-284.0lbs

#821 · (Edited)
i lost about 100 lbs years ago(late 90s)
i was about 265 at my fattest, im only about 5'7".
i carried about 170 to 180 for a lot of years.
last summer i was in the hospital for a week.
i was 159 lbs when i walked out.
i quit smoking again for new years, and my weight is up to 195 ish currently.
back on my diet, bought a cheap bike saturday.
aiming for 170lbs by summer.
aint had a smoke since new years day.

#829 ·
Well, I'm on the bandwagon. Quit smoking on 2/4/16 and immediately gained weight on top of my already overweight body.

Currently at 295 (5' 11")

Been going to the gym for a little over a week. Have bursitis in my shoulder that is slowing me down some but, I'm working through it.

Overall goal is 200lbs but, I know it's gonna be a long journey.

#836 ·
I am trying to be at a 1,000-1,500 calorie deficit everyday. I am doing a lot of stuff you mentioned above including the cardio and weight training.

I am eating a lot of protein right now and drinking over a gallon of water a day. I lost 6 pounds throughout the week and somehow gained 4 pounds back in one day (yesterday) Nothing was different that day except I had a rest day from the gym and took the dog on a 7 mile walk. I'm at loss except maybe it's water weight.

#837 ·
Starving yourself is the best way to ruin your metabolism. Typical recommendations are a 500 calorie deficit. I wouldn't exceed 1,000.

Muscle burns more calories than fat, don't allow your body to lose muscle mass during your weight loss, IE Exercise regularly and do weight training.

You sound like you're on the right track otherwise:thumb:

#850 ·
OK, I just completed week 3 and I am not losing weight at all. This is really aggravating. I am lifting 4 times a week and doing cardio at least 3 times a week. I went from smoking, drinking 3-4 pops a day, eating crap... etc, to not smoking, eating clean, and drinking at least a gallon of water a day. My calorie deficit is around 1,000 calories a day. I can not figure this out!

#851 ·
OK, I just completed week 3 and I am not losing weight at all. This is really aggravating. I am lifting 4 times a week and doing cardio at least 3 times a week. I went from smoking, drinking 3-4 pops a day, eating crap... etc, to not smoking, eating clean, and drinking at least a gallon of water a day. My calorie deficit is around 1,000 calories a day. I can not figure this out!
For me it was carbs and sugars that was holding my weight. Don't cut them out but learn about proportions per meal. Once I started on the 50/25/25 the weight started falling off. 50% veggie, 25% meat, 25% carb. This doesn't work for everybody, and it took me 4 years, 2 bouts of kidney stones and type 2 diabetes to get me to that point.
I learned the hard way about cutting out carbs/sugars completely too, don't do it.

Kickstand is probably one of the most knowledgeable people I have met on nutrition and exercise. He knows what works for him, and he can give you good suggestions on what trail to follow. I was over the 300lb mark 4 years ago. Today I'm resting a little heavy yet but at the 225lb mark. I'm hoping to make it 200lbs.

#853 ·
I dropped almost 200 pounds, put a little back on, was still working out, following a diet, then my Thyroid decided to quite working novemberish.

40lbs back on, and not coming back off, uber frustrating.

And my damn doctor doesn't go to the extreme ends of things like i would prefer, so getting my thyroid functioning where i would like is taking way longer than my approach.

#864 ·
I need to find a new job bad, the plus side is I stay active at my job, the down side I work with a fat guy and a high on, both just want to order out all the time, and try and get me in on it, it's like crack lol. I have been getting slightly better at saying no every week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.