Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

fat guy no more!

112K views 973 replies 130 participants last post by  Shotgun 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I got on the scale lastnight and WOW I'm super fat :( (318.6lbs).so today is the day I start doing something about it! Im only going to drink water(also some beer):teehee: watching what I eat and doing some biking to start.
I will be happy if I can get down to 220-240 range !
Week 1-312.2lbs=-6.4
week 2-302.8lbs=-9.4
week 3-300.1lbs=-2.7
week4-298.0lbs=-2.1
Week5-295.2lbs=-2.8
Week6-293.8lbs=-1.4
Week12?-284.0lbs

#692 ·
What do you do when someone is actively sabotaging your efforts?

I admit- I like to eat. It takes a lot of willpower- wait, no- not so much willpower as keeping myself busy, to keep from over eating. While I am on the road I can eat whatever the healthiest selection on the menu is, and walk away when I feel full.

When my wife is around, it's either a constant "Aren't you hungry" or she'll just start handing me muffins or cookies hot out of the oven.

I lost 15lbs while she was working hospice and not coming home, now she's back and I gained 10lbs back.

It's like offering an alcoholic a beer.

#726 ·
I can fit into size 36 pants again, tight, but not uncomfortable. Its been a long ass time since I fit into those, I was at a 42 with carrying, 40 without. Need to lose another 20 before I can fit into all my nice old almost unused clothes I got as gifts when I wan in denial of being fat and claimed I was still a 36 or 38 :teehee::teehee:

#732 ·
Sitting anywhere between 181-183 now. I was at 180 early last week, but starting doing a lot of strength training and cycling so probably built a bit of muscle. I also ate like a retard last weekend and likely gained a little fat. Hoping to get the rest of the fat off and replace it with muscle, and eventually settle around 180. Cycling season is here and that makes things easier, as well school being over so no more 13 hour school/work days 3 days a week.

Total weight loss is around 45 lbs. in the last 4 months. Sure wish the last little bit came off as fast as the first 30 lbs.

Been doing 25 mile rides a few times a week on my bike, hoping to work up to 50 in the next month or so. Physically i'm up for it, but my ass can't take more than 30 miles.

#736 ·
Down to the last notch on my fitted belt I bought at Dukefest in ~2006. I am still obese, but no longer morbidly obese :sonicjay:. I'm amazed how much more energy I have after losing 1/3 of my goal.

#738 ·
Franks Red Hot, i put that Shit on everything. Seriously using franks red hot has helped a ton. instead of cheese, mayo, bbq sauce, blue cheese, etc helps a ton. May not taste as good, but 0 calories, and helps give bland food some taste. If only it didn't have so much sodium.

#741 ·
Well i haven't posted up since april so here goes. I've lost 22 pounds and some how managed to keep it off through the summer craft beer months. The Insanity program got me lean and now i'm working on putting some of the weight back on by lifting weights. I alternate weights and cardio every other day. I'm so much stronger and faster than I used to be even at 44 I can almost out run my 16 year old son that plays varsity soccer. If anyone is thinking about a program like Insanity or P90x do it and stick with it. I am a different person and vow to never look back. Congrats and good luck to all who are losing and or trying to loose weight, it's tough but worth the work. :thumb:

'MERICA :usa:

#743 · (Edited)
Once I hit my 100 pounds lost mark I plan to try and do some weight lifting/cardio. Hope I can get as ft as you, but probably won't.

(Edit) Screw waiting, ordered p90x3 today. Hope to be back in shape in the next 6 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.