Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Will it sag!!!

2K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Jeepaholic 
#1 · (Edited)
Will a 1997 Dakota Sport 4x4 front end hold up about 500lbs???

This is a 1997 Dakota Sport with bars cranked, 3" body lift, 2" blocks and add a leaf in the rear.

Will I need different torsion bars?

Any suggestions?

#7 ·
My dad killed his plow truck... So im thinkin just put it on my truck? Its a 7.5' Boss straigh blade. It weighs around 480lbs and Im just wondering if im going to need to buy different torsion bars.

A freind of mine here has an older dakota with an 8' blade! And he pushes snow FINE!

Actually theres 2 of those Dakotas here with 8' blades... Just there both the older kotas wondering how beefy my front end is...

#18 ·
your 3.9 does not have the tourque to plow snow it will eat your hubs overheat your trans I could go on but its not worth it

#19 ·
Poop :tonka:

Like I said just small drive ways
Just mainly pushing the windrow outta the driveways at about 10 places.. No parking lots or bank moving like my dad did! He was so hard on his truck lol I wonder why it broke :confused: a F150 and he is moving banks in march! LOL

#24 ·
i think you will have front end issues like wearing out all the joints. also i think your truck has the 42RE trans and it wont like it either. Use low range for sure and i wouldn't drive around with the plow on all the time.

#25 ·
No, your truck won't plow Beefy.

THIS IS THE UP WINTER, not detroit.

It doesn't weigh enough, it is too tall, and not enough motor.

Buy a POS 4x4 80's 3/4 ton dodge/chevy/ford and put the plow on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.