Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

motor siezed today :( anyone have a spare they want to sell?

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  FineWynsFJ40 
#1 · (Edited)
was driving from cedar springs to grand rapids, made it all the way to the rest stop just north of 10 mile on 131, started losing alot of power going up the hill and the motor starting rattleing alot more than it already had been.

truck decided it was time for a motor, anyone got a spare laying around.

need a 22RE

#7 ·
the add you posted the guy messaged me and told me the motor was in pieces or something, if its actually together, than i'll go right out and get it.

i've got almost a complete motor in my basement with like 190k on it, it NEEDS to be rebuilt, that was what the plan was going to be except i don't have the cash to do it.

#8 ·
the add you posted the guy messaged me and told me the motor was in pieces or something, if its actually together, than i'll go right out and get it. Well thats a pretty misleading ad then isn't it?

i've got almost a complete motor in my basement with like 190k on it, it NEEDS to be rebuilt, that was what the plan was going to be except i don't have the cash to do it.
a 22re rebuild is cheap. It's easy if you do it yourself.

Even though I hate the 22re because I think they are underpowered and blow up way to easy and often, the truth is that typically everything that didnt fail is still within specs.

Take the one in your basement and replace the crank and rod bearings, cehck the rings, and get back on the road.

#11 ·
impossible. Toyota's don't fail, ever. I would double check to make sure it wasn't a dream, or that someone didn't swap in a Big 3 motor or something...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.