Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

MC Hammer tj

87K views 574 replies 78 participants last post by  Lousypirate 
#1 · (Edited)
well as some of you know i got in an accident leaving the blessing in my tj.

what the jeep has done to it
-32 11.5 15 bfg mt's on steel d windows
-2.5 inch rough country progressive spring lift
-front bumper from tab
-mile marker winch

what it needs to run again
-front axle
-front control arms
-1 new tire (dropped it off today so that is pretty much done)
-steering gear box (i have one just have to install it)

purchases so far
-front d30
-4:10 gears to mach front axle
-d35 detroit locker
-new 32" bfg mud terrain
-rough country long arm kit
-one inch motor mount lift
-antirock front sway bar
-1 3/4 die for bender
-1 1/4 die for bender

the insurance company gave me 3300 dollars for the damages. i really dont want to go with bigger lift or tires at this time since i am planning on putting d60's and 39.5's on it with some stretch at some point in the future.

so i need some advise on spending the rest of my money! i am thinking about gears and lockers for my axles to get me by til i get everything ready to go big! what the hell should i buy?:beerbang::beerbang::beerbang::woot::brilliant

See less See more
#392 ·
The snow covered hill is a little trickier than it appears in pictures. It is in my back field and has seen a fair amount of action. It's got some ruts that make the top half lean further than vertical. I couldn't quite get it so I may have done a little bit of a popawheelie and not let off the gas in time :sonicjay: 35s, locker, 456 gears and a sbc didn't mix too well :teehee: luckily the friendly fellas down at ROCKSOLID are ordering me a new one. It is nice having an off-road shop 5 minutes down the road!

#402 ·
I figured out why it broke so easy. The drivers side were not chromolys but the passengers side appear to me. The previous owner told me they were chromoly and I guess I never paid that close of attention to the drivers side. Oh well, live and learn.

#427 ·
I am seriously considering selling this jeep and exiting this sport. I am so sick of working on this motherfucker. After the last 8 months of fixing and never getting anywhere I am about at my breaking point. I used to enjoy going out and working on my jeeps but now I have grown to hate every minute of it.

Rant over....

#434 ·
:teehee:

I got to this point. Then I bought a good TJ, then I had to sell it, then I bought another YJ and burned myself out trying to "build" it so that I could "enjoy" it, then it was "finished" but then I "wheeled" it and broke it, and then I "upgraded" it, and then I "wheeled" it again and broke it, and then I bought parts to upgrade that and fix it, and then I just realized what you are coming around to realizing........That was 3-4 years ago. And every fall when it starts to get cold and I can't quite snowboard yet I think about buying another jeep, but I don't, and then spring rolls around and while its too muddy to mountain bike again I think about buying another jeep...but I don't, and then summer starts.....and then....ok. yeah. Beer me.

#431 ·
I have read that thread a few times and I just did it again. I can say I have fell into that category many times but honestly this isn't one of them. I made a mistake and bought this jeep sight unseen. It didn't end up being what it was supposed to be. I work my ass off on it and I have stuck with my original plan 100%. It is just full of cobbled up shit and everytime I fix one thing I find something else that is fucked up. I am not at a position in life that I can realistically do a full on build but that is honestly what it needs. My girlfriend told me when we were in Colorado that I wasn't myself anymore. I used to come in the house after working on the buggy all excited and smiling, now I come in pissed at the world. It is constantly 95% ready to go wheel but it never hits that 100% mark. Yes, I know I am being a whiny fuck tonight but it is my build thread and I can cry if I want to :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

#433 ·
That is the problem right there! I haven't wheeled it, even after living damn near in the foothills for 9 months. I'll get over it, I always do. I just got a serious case of the fuckits tonight!

I'm smiling a little more now after a nice stiff drink and some time in the pepper garden downstairs. :Sonicjay:

#443 ·
It is almost ready to go find out what will break next! :Sonicjay:

I need to get some lines made to go from the ps pump to box, pull the radiator and drop it off and hankinsons to get the hole patched and put a new drag link on.

I can't wait to get this mechanical bullshit done so I can actually build something. The art Carr shifter needs to get installed because my grandpa wants the shifter that is in the jeep currently for his drag car.

#454 ·
That is pretty damn gay no matter how you swing it! Haha

I'll throw a jar of black pepper and some radiator stop leak in my radiator and see if I can get it to seal up enough to have a little fun! If you guys want to come out you are welcome to. Shoot me a text in the morning and let me know what's up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.