Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Xbox 360 pro

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Fuel Fire Desire 
#1 ·
I was offered a trade for one of my paintball markers for a "month old" xbox 360 pro and dont know much about them. The gun was listed for $200, and I know the 360's sell for more than that.

What are the chances of this thing being f-ed up? Do the new consoles still get the red ring o' death? Are the warranties transferrable?

#5 ·
All the new xboxes have a 3 year red ring warranty.

#6 ·
x2.

Try to get the original sales receipt. And yes, the "new" ones still get RROD. My current 360 is only 5 months old (bought brand new) just got red light 4 days ago.. I just got my package from Microsoft to ship it back yesterday.

EDIT: Is it JUST a 360 he's trading you? If I were you, I'd want 2 wireless controllers, recharge kits, and a couple current games for being a $200 "value". 360s with tons of games and a few controllers can be had for under 200.

Demand more shit.

#10 ·
Good luck. I finally got a good one from them about a month ago after sending a couple different ones back and forth. Now I have to call them (the worst part of it!) and get them to switch the video/game rights over to the new serial number.
Why so much trouble? When I sent mine in, I received a brand new one two weeks later. Why do you have to switch the game rights over, couldn't you have just kept your hard drive?

#12 ·
Why so much trouble? When I sent mine in, I received a brand new one two weeks later. Why do you have to switch the game rights over, couldn't you have just kept your hard drive?
I had mine for @ 2 years. It was actually a partial RROD/video error. I had never had a problem with my original one until that. They ended up sending me a refurb for that one. That POS scratched a game and always gave disc-read errors. I sent it back. They claimed it to be fixed but it wasn't. I sent that one back (I had to be quite rude this time around) with a nice note in it saying "Don't bother sending me one if its going to be this $%&ing peice of shit." I got a new one finally.

They have a rights thing attached to your serial number if you DL videos from Live. I had a couple music videos on the HD and they wouldn't play on the new one. I called them and they said that the stuff had to be transferred to the new serial number. Well, it already did it to the 2nd unit. They claim to only allow it to be changed once a year so now I have to call and bitch again. It wouldn't be bad but I cannot understand them half the time.

#11 ·
You can get a whole lot more for $200 worth of Xbox 360. Granted finding another person wanting to trade for your paintball gun, could be difficult. However selling the gun and getting cash, would give you much more in a Xbox 360 bundle, if that's what you wanted. Here are some examples.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/ele/1210005878.html
xbox 360 Pro $200
Games Included:
Halo 3
NCAA 09
Madden 09
Burnout Paradise
Fable II
Assassins Creed
Lost Odyssey
Ace Combat 6
Grand Theft Auto 4

Accessories included:
Speacial carring case and all cables will be included.
A VGA cable to hook it up to a computer monitor
2 Controlers (1 wireless 1 wired)
Basic Head Set
1 year of Xbox Live is included on one of the profiles on the box.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/ele/1217175307.html
Xbox 360 pro, with all cables, and controller. 165
http://detroit.craigslist.org/ele/1222051738.html
Halo edition with a 20 gig hard drive. Comes with UFC 2009 Undisputed, NCAA Basketball 2009, Grand Theft Auto 4 and a few more. I am asking 200
(Includes all the cables and crap as well.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/sys/1221752604.html
1 XBOX 360 Console, 1 - 20gb Hard Drive, 1 Wireless Controller,
1 Power Supply Brick and Cord, 1 HD A/V Cable, $175.
Good luck

#15 ·
IMO my gun isnt worth $200. It may have been a few years ago, but the market is just too flooded with paintball crap now. $200 was to be a starting point for the asshole low ballers that offer you 1/2 of what you ask. Id be happy to get $150 out of it. If this guy wants to give me a xbox pro starter kit, im ok with it. Ive actually wanted one for a while but didnt feel like spending a ton of cash on something Id probably get bored with after a couple months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.