Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Exploring manistee forest

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  crazygrady127 
#1 ·
Taking a trip up to manistee forest first weekend in October. Gonna prob stay south of Baldwin but north of newaygo. Just going up to cruise two tracks, seasonal roads and just see what we can find.

Anyone got any places we should hit up or roads to go down? Good quiet places to camp?

yee yee

#7 ·
F_ that, public land is your land to use for ORV as much as it is for hunters to use for hunting. I've never seen anyone hunting close enough to a ORV trail where it would make a difference anyway. Don't plan your trip around being courteous to hunters as none of them have ever planned a hunting trip around your ORV trip. I hate reading this year after year. Seriously, walk the extra 800yds away from the trail so it doesn't matter who's driving down it. Don't bother with the "this is exactly..........blah, blah, blah hunters are the awesomest" speech either. Stay on the trails and stay legal.

#13 ·
Yea were deff goin a stick to trails don't wanna ruin it for everyone by being a dumbass, I can see both sides if argument when it comes to being quiet for hunters, will do are best but all 3 trucks are kinda loud

Be on the look out for a silver ram (mine) a red ext cab Chevy and a black single cab f150

Are camp Friday night will be at twin wood lake

yee yee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.