Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

what is the most exotic car you have driven

Tags
bio = fast
12K views 118 replies 90 participants last post by  Yetti 
#1 ·
I drove a Ferrari California convertible yesterday. Was the fastest car I have ever driven. So I was curious what some of you guys have had the opportunity to drive.

#3 ·
I've ridden in some cool cars but as far as actually driving? I had a buddy in the Marines who had a Mitsubishi 3000 GT (or maybe it was a Dodge Stealth) that I drove a few times. It looked cool and was quick enough but was absolutely the most uncomfortable car I have ever had to climb in or out of and I am not a big guy by any stretch of the imagination.

It's not really all that exotic but still sort of interesting... My father-in-law has a 1973 Porsche 914 sitting in the garage that he offered to let me drive on our wedding day but I had just gotten my new JK so the wife-to-be and I elected to take that instead.

The fastest car I've ever ridden in was probably my wife's uncle's 2008 Audi S8. That thing is awesome. Supposedly, it has the same engine as one of the Lamborghinis?

#6 ·
When I was just out of High School a buddy of mine and I met a guy with a 68 Shelby Cobra. It was a replica but it had an original 428 engine. I believe it was a four speed and the tires broke loose on every shift, but at 45 he could punch it and it would start to side spin... car was fast

#90 ·
My most exotic would be my buddies '70 429 Mach1. I'm not much of a ford fan but that orange beauty is 1 of my dream cars. Can I take your red 68 for a spin?:teehee:

Other than that I guess, would be my old '84 s10 with a barely warmed over '78 SBC, maybe a 12 secondish 1/4. I really want to narrow the step side from my truck and do an SAS with that s10. That would be pretty exotic, though I have never saw a truck similar to my '88cab '84 stepside, exotic but only in a ******* sense.

#8 ·
The most exotic car that I have driven would have to be a 1996 Dodge Viper (this took place in '96) but my favorite would have to be the 1968 Hemi Roadrunner that an old man let me drive. I was at a car show and I was practically drooling over this car and the old man started talking with me about it. Then he ask me if I wanted to go for a ride. I said yes and he threw me the keys. I couldn't believe it. He insisted that I drive and he told me to drive it the way it was intended to be drove. He was probably the coolest old man I ever met. That car had a ton of power but just would not hook up with those little tires.

#9 · (Edited)
I used to date a girl a few years ago and her dad was a pretty avid car collector. I drove a few of them over the years that her and I dated. The most exotic.... umm, probably a Dodge Viper. Never really got to get on it very good, just played around a little on Telegraph.

Oh and inbeforecrazyliesaboutfastcarsyouwishyoudrovebutinsteadyoulieandsayyoureallydroveittolookcoolintheinternetz!!!11

Edit: Isn't the Ferrari California the car that Top Gear drove and ripped it to pieces saying how cheap, underpowered, and unrefined it was? I could be mistaken. BTW, I think the name sucks. When I first heard a car named "California", I think of some teal 1970's VW Beetle with a sun on the hood or something. I, personally, think the car looks pretty sweet... but seem to remember that Top Gear hated it. Meh... what the hell do I know.

#10 ·
either my audi 5000s or my friends dads Miata..........I suck at being cool like the rest of ya:teehee:

On another note though, by far the coolest vehicle I have driven and most fun is the 62 IH scout 80 with fold down windshield I recently had the pleasure to tool around in on a friends private wheeling property. There is just something about vintage iron, factory 4cly, 4.30 gears and a t18 that is fun:rock:

#66 ·
On another note though, by far the coolest vehicle I have driven and most fun is the 62 IH scout 80 with fold down windshield I recently had the pleasure to tool around in on a friends private wheeling property. There is just something about vintage iron, factory 4cly, 4.30 gears and a t18 that is fun:rock:
:sonicjay::sonicjay:

#23 ·
Driven, an 04 ZO6.
Rode in, 04 SL65 AMG, 96 Viper GTS, 03 Viper SRT 10

I just met a guy over the weekend with a 93 NSX that is supercharged with a ton of Type R bits. I cant wait to ride and if I'm lucky enough drive it. The less bling factor but just as fast other car that belongs to another guy was an FD RX7 with an ls6 swap.

#24 ·
I barely drive anything except my own cars, so I don't really have anything exotic to go by. I've been thinking of buying an older Viper though if I really would break down and sell my GTO and not get another. I don't really consider the Viper an exotic though.
My friend almost bought a Maserati Biturbo that needed a timing belt, I guess he didn't buy it because he said it was like $600 just for the belt. Makes sense.
I'd like to drive in an older Lotus Esprit twin turbo. That looks like fun, those cars look like fun.

#29 ·
i had a cake job at 16 i worked at okemos auto collection (mercedes benz porsche and bmw) and was a porter we cleaned cars filled them up with gas and delivered them i have driven the prsche 911gts 2, the boxster the cayman, mercedes cant remember the model but a v 12 supercharged, the bmw m5 m3 and m7.. that about as good as it got for me

#38 ·
i had a cake job at 16 i worked at okemos auto collection (mercedes benz porsche and bmw) and was a porter we cleaned cars filled them up with gas and delivered them i have driven the prsche 911gts 2, the boxster the cayman, mercedes cant remember the model but a v 12 supercharged, the bmw m5 m3 and m7.. that about as good as it got for me
cool you drove a car that doesn't exist :thumb:

#30 ·
99 Viper RT-10. It was my girlfriend at the time dads car and I took her to prom in it and was able to keep it for the weekend because he was up north. That was a damn fun car to have. Probably a good thing I didn't have it for more than a few days or I probably wouldn't have a license today. :sonicjay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.