Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

WhiteRhino's Latest Mods

Tags
meballs
317K views 2K replies 189 participants last post by  whiterhino 
#1 ·
Sometime late last summer I was talking to Jim about modding his jeep and it snowballed and somehow I got in the middle of it. before I knew what was going on I agreed to build his jeep over again pretty much. The goal was lots of strength and a nice cushy ride while providing clearance for 40's in the future.

The entire build/arguing/problem solving thread is here: http://www.misfitoffroad.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8991&start=0

it will be completely finished and wheelable in the next couple weeks.
here are a few pictures of the build:

Attachments

See less See more
#1,636 ·
It did but they are cut for stock shock locations. I'm not sure if I can make them work or not. See below.

Looks good. Maybe a little cowl protection and it looks like it would take a beating. I think genright used to make some flat cowl protection. I've made some that wrap over the top of the cowl to the windshield hinges. Kinda like rear corner guards around the tub
I still have my windshield hoop to put back on and it gives some cowl protection. It runs from the top of the boatside up. It will require a mod to make it work. So remaining things in order of priority:
Finish passenger side
Tail lights
Windshield hoop
Stiffeners on body mounts (I had to cut them off to access the body bolts)
Wheel wells

#1,642 · (Edited)
With photobucket gone, I don't know a good way to post old pics from my pc. :( I hate the little pics that gl4x4 @admin lets you post. Sucks..............

Tapatalk works pretty good for pics on my phone but old stored pics are another story.

These are the oldest I have going back to Gitchee Gumee 2002
At this stage it was a 350 SBC with Edelbrock cam and intake, TH350 and D30-35 with lockrites front & rear on 32's.

#1,648 ·
3/4 of the frame, grill and B hoop. No, the steering column was upgraded to a tilt column. Not sure if the dash is original or if I used the one from the donor Jeep during the body swap. All the stainless hardware is still on it too. That's me, mister bling. :bdr2:

Oh, and when I first uploaded the photobucket pic it was blocked, now it's here. Photobucket is unreliable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.