Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

WhiteRhino's Latest Mods

Tags
meballs
317K views 2K replies 189 participants last post by  whiterhino 
#1 ·
Sometime late last summer I was talking to Jim about modding his jeep and it snowballed and somehow I got in the middle of it. before I knew what was going on I agreed to build his jeep over again pretty much. The goal was lots of strength and a nice cushy ride while providing clearance for 40's in the future.

The entire build/arguing/problem solving thread is here: http://www.misfitoffroad.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8991&start=0

it will be completely finished and wheelable in the next couple weeks.
here are a few pictures of the build:

Attachments

See less See more
#1,422 ·
You can't even come up with enough money to buy my pool table. :poke:

Well this wasn't exactly the post EJS update that I was expecting.:(
But I'm sure you have a plan and for now you still have your rig.
No, I don't have a plan. :confused:

He keeps bothering me and wants to buy my LJ but I don't want him to hurt himself so I told him no. :sonicjay:
LOL ........ sorry to hurt your feelings but I'm not buying yours. :fish:

#1,439 · (Edited)
FJ's are cool when they have the same driveline as me. :d: No doubt Nick that your wheelbase made a different in Moab and it's what got me thinking about the stretch. You walked a couple lines that I struggled on and you were able to bump it in a couple spots that were iffy for me.

Plan is to stretch the rear about 3". This will require mods to the fuel tank, stretch the links and move the shock hoops but I can keep the current wheel well cutout without going comp cut. Not sure if I have enough travel in the driveshaft or if it will need to stretch too. I haven't looked at the front close enough yet but I think I can gain about an inch by just stretching the links and a possible mod to the track bar. Rear comes first. If all goes well I will stretch from 104" to 108".

I'm trying to figure out my schedule. I have a wheeling trip planned for each month thru August. I'm hoping to pull the fuel tank this week and get it modded and then go from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.