Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

WhiteRhino's Latest Mods

Tags
meballs
317K views 2K replies 189 participants last post by  whiterhino 
#1 ·
Sometime late last summer I was talking to Jim about modding his jeep and it snowballed and somehow I got in the middle of it. before I knew what was going on I agreed to build his jeep over again pretty much. The goal was lots of strength and a nice cushy ride while providing clearance for 40's in the future.

The entire build/arguing/problem solving thread is here: http://www.misfitoffroad.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8991&start=0

it will be completely finished and wheelable in the next couple weeks.
here are a few pictures of the build:

Attachments

See less See more
#638 · (Edited)
how do you know your old? when you pick billet seat sliders over new rock rails.:sonicjay::sonicjay:

looking good though jim!

#644 ·
Frame modified for upper link bolt. CHECK
New upper links installed. CHECK
Frame cleaned up and painted with POR15. CHECK
Body sand blasted, primed & painted. CHECK
Floor painted with POR15 CHECK
Body ready to install on frame. CHECK
Replacement air shock here to be installed. CHECK

Next on the agenda.
Install body.
install front fenders & build wheel wells. Then pull fenders to paint.
Finish mod to rocker guards, weld & paint.
Rough install corner guards & fit up Genright fender flares then paint.
Install steering column & start seat mounts.

#654 ·
Still more progress chugging away. All painting is done with final paint on the front fenders today. Most of the under dash stuff is done awaiting the actual dash/wiring to be wrapped up. Cage has been test fitted & in the process of making new seat mounts to tie the PRP seats into the cage. Once that happens, the cage can come out for paint & the dash will go in while the cage is out of the way. I hope to finish installing the front fenders later this week & then start building wheel wells. It should be close around Labor Day.

#666 ·
Sounds silly but here's how the color was picked. I encouraged my wife to pick the new color and she was kicking around colors. She walked outside & said hey, why not match the color of the motorhome. I was like, sure. So we took the touch up bottle to the paint supplier & had them match it. Now I just need to convince her we need aluminum wheels on the trailer. :teehee:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.