Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

WhiteRhino's Latest Mods

Tags
meballs
317K views 2K replies 189 participants last post by  whiterhino 
#1 ·
Sometime late last summer I was talking to Jim about modding his jeep and it snowballed and somehow I got in the middle of it. before I knew what was going on I agreed to build his jeep over again pretty much. The goal was lots of strength and a nice cushy ride while providing clearance for 40's in the future.

The entire build/arguing/problem solving thread is here: http://www.misfitoffroad.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8991&start=0

it will be completely finished and wheelable in the next couple weeks.
here are a few pictures of the build:

Attachments

See less See more
#922 ·
Inner fenders come off with about 8 bolts in less than 2 minutes. The only thing attached to them will be the rock lights with a quick release connection. Easy access! :d:

Last night was a bunch of small basics.
Rock lights installed.
Fill the squirter bottle & confirm it works.
Install the side screens in the Genright fenders.
Install CB.
I attempted to install the rear seat but it appears the rear latch brackets on a 93 YJ differ from the 90 YJ so the seat only attaches in the front. The donor rear seat is at my daughters so I'll have to see if it works.
Ran the antenna line for my HAM radio.
Started looking at a new mount for the CB radio antenna.

Next step is to pull my windshield hoop back off and fold the windshield down. The wiper linkage is rubbing on the inside of my HIGH QUALITY Chinese aftermarket windshield frame. :( Gotta see what I can do about that.
Then I need to modify my hoop tie in's & then install the soft top.

Getting close. :thumb:

#939 ·
I'll be happy to fly out and ride with you. Thanks for the offer.:bdr2:

looks great! gonna swap out those mirrors for something more trail friendly?
Same mirror I have been running for years. Just swing it forward out of the way.

Did You Get Ice Cream On The Test Drive? That's The Only Way To Really Test A Jeep:teehee:
No, that test will be when the rear locker is installed.

Well they're in......but only one turns. :confused:
That's today's project.
I had heard it takes channel locks to turn them.

#936 ·
Looks great. I put my lock outs on today and I'm batting .500 on them. One works perfect, one won't budge. :( I'm gonna pull it back apart tomorrow to figure out what's hitting in there. Oh and you'll need an extra hand to hold it all together while you try and get the large snap ring in. Unless you still have the little groove in the stub.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.