Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Tow hooks

4K views 51 replies 11 participants last post by  MiNi Beast 
#1 · (Edited)
What are you guys running? Moppar wants $157 for a set at a dealer, I'm curious if anyone did a backyard fab setup yet considering the only kit is made by mopar....
BTW 95 Ram 1500

#4 ·
I had hooks bolted on, but took them off when I had to replace the bumper, just went in a good place, and there really isn't a good place on the damn thing to mount them where they hang appropriately and wont pull the bumper up into the grill when jerked on...

#16 ·
I checked with a few people and they said the kind of labor involved for what I want it would run around $800, frankly I'm not really looking to spend that much on this truck when I want to by a DD/Tow rig and swap this drive train into a narrow body truck like an older Dakota so my plan for the time being is to DD this, and wheel it on the weekend.

#14 ·
IIRC, the OEM hooks are of the "break-away" variety. They are meant to bend open once you pull on them hard enough so that you don't damage the vehicle they are connected to. The S-series hook may look the same, but they may not be rated the same as the hooks from a fullsize. Check the part numbers before you go and do something like that.

#23 ·
So how much are you asking PP? Minibeast said he is heading to your area to pick up something, I can send cash with him, otherwise let me know how much to ship and I can mail you a check or send another preferred method of payment.

#33 ·
Sure, that's fine. Should only be $6 shipping, though. They should fit on one of the smaller flat-rate boxes.

Looks like I have the bolts, too. or there's at least some bolts in the box with them that match the "finish". :d:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.