Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Big Mistake.... :(

60K views 421 replies 139 participants last post by  curt1656 
#1 ·
A little while back, before Christmas. I got into some bad things and started doing some bad stuff that I would of never ever thought about doing ever. A buddy and I were going around late at night and walking up to cars to see if they were unlocked. If they were unlocked we would go through them and see if there was anything good(money mostly,spare change,etc.) It was are first time doing it and we thought we would try it because everyone else always talked about it. So we did it. We didnt really take anything. We got like 13 bucks and a cheap radar detector. I WILL admit this was deffinetly one of the stupidest things I have ever done. I do regret and have never and will never do anything like it ever again. But that night after we went to bed the police followed our tracks in the snow that lead from the cars to my friends house. We got caught. The police called us about three weeks later and said everything was going to be fine and no one had pressed any charges or anything like that, and they hope we learned are lesson. That was in the beginning of January. But yesterday I get a letter in the mail saying I have a warrant for my arrest for three counts, larceny and breaking and entering x2. I hate this. I was just starting to sign up for school today and almost had a job. I thought it was all over.

Has any of you made a big mistake like this and went through the courts??
What happend? Is it still on your record?????
Im scared to death. I dont want this shit on my record.
Anyone got any ideas of what could happen?

See less See more
#10 ·
I don't beleive that it is breaking and entering if the vehicle is open. Stupid and wrong, but not a b and e. I think it is considered unlawful entry.

EDIT: Reminder, don't bite down, cuz they will just knock your teeth out.

Do you mean, like dont argue and be a asshole about it to the authoritys?

The paper says:
Count 1: Larceny From A motor Vehicle.
Count 2: Breaking & Entering Vehicle With Damage.
Count 3: Breaking & Entering Vehicle To Steal.
Property Less Thank $200.00

I don't know how I got the damage one because the doors were unlocked we didnt break anything. I don't get it.

#8 ·
Well they said its under $200.00 worth of stuff. So that means that it can not be a felony right? or am I wrong?

Please don't rag on me for this guys. I was stupid. I would never do that now. Really I wouldnt. I learned my lesson just by getting caught(even though nothign happend).
I am really bummin about this.Just as my life was starting to get better this has to pop up out of no where. Stupid Mistakes. We all make them.

#47 · (Edited)
Actually yes they do, its a mix of spit and butter, no joke.

If i went to jail. it would be OCJ and probably for no more than a month.
Jail is jail, believe me it sucks!!!

Ill be completly honest with everyone. Last September I got arrested for DUI. I had a BAL of .013, wrecked a car and spent a night in the OCJ drunk tank. What I did was very reckless, could have be life threating, and has turned out to be VERY COSTLY. I was getting to a point of drinking beer almost 5 nights a week, and having atleast 3 beers before getting into my truck and driving home. I actually thought i was invincible and nothing bad could happen to me. It sucks that I was that retarded to have had this happen to me. I know i let alot of people down by doing so, but i have no one else to blame for my own stupidity. It was probably good that I got caught cause the road I was going down was only a 1 way road and probably would have lead to someone gettin hurt or dying, and i believe it wouldnt have been me getting hurt.

#29 ·
my truck got broke into right in my drive way one night around november december and so did my moms and a few other people in our neiborhood and if i ever caught who did it i would beat the shit out of them.. and press charges .. ya i have no sympathy for you at all i hope the court gets you with everything possible

#33 ·
I hope you got your stuff back and what ever was stolen. Like I said it was my first and last time. I tried what every one else was doing. I hope the courts don't do anything liek jail time. I know its going to be bad though.

#39 ·
No actually we didn't get shit back my mom only lost her ipod.... but i ended up loosing my new snap on impact and a bunch of sockets and wrenches and shit i had just got home from working on a buddys car and left the tools on the passenger floor in a tub a had and in the morning everything was gone

#42 ·
You live you learn.

I used to do dumb car shit when I was 16, 17. The worst was just reckless driving (high speeds). On occasion, I could still get that nowadays.

Honestly though, WTF were you thinking? At least in the summer there wouldn't have been tracks but that's besides the point.

Think before you act numbnuts.

#46 ·
LMAO at cc's posts
and idk if AJ can read this but,
dude you and your friends need to go play in traffic. your constantly making younger people look like total douchebags. and have fun in court and watch your back. if someone went into my truck and i found out who it was (regardless of what they took) id be collecting teeth

#48 ·
Looks like two felonies and a misdemeanor to me. It is a B&E of an auto and larceny from a motor vehicle. I'm wondering about count 3. The way you wrote it makes it look like they are saying you attempted to steal a car.

By the way. You just came onto the internet and admitted to several felonies. A forum that has quite a few cops on it.

I would suggest you keep your mouth shut and go watch Sponge Bob SquarePants or something cause your lawyer is gonna shit when he reads your on-line confession. Make sure you tell your lawyer you came onto this forum and confessed publicly so he/she isn't surpised by it later.

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-750-356a

#50 ·
:sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay:I damn near choked on my Jim Beam when I read this!:sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.