Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1992 yj choopercharged! 4 grand.

2K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  volksman 
#1 · (Edited)
For Sale is my 1992 Jeep Wrangler. I bought it completely stock about 4 or 5 years ago, and did all the work myself. It has approximately 175k on it, but nearly everything has been replaced.
4.0 liter, rebuilt at some point. No leaks, diesel noise or smoke.
99/up ported intake, head is cleaned up too.
Ported throttle body with spacer.
2.5" exhaust
Eaton M90 supercharger from a Thunderbird SC
36lb injectors
2 bar adjustable map sensor
Methanol injection instead of an innercooler.
Fmu, Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Split Second fuel controller
Wideband O2 sensor
Daily drivable and completely reliable.
Electric fan
Brand New NVG 3550 transmission
New Valeo clutch
Converted to external slave
No sye, but no vibrations at all
4.10 geared stock axles
Detroit locker in the rear. Front has cad eliminated.
Hanson front bumper
Swing out rear with tire carrier
10k winch
4" rough country lift
BDS shocks
1" motor Mount lift
2" body lift
Slightly longer shackles
Flush Mount led tail lights
Tube front fenders
Tj rear flares
Hard top full doors
Junky soft top with half doors too

The floor needs some attention around a body mount. Typical Jeep rust issues, but still very solid. I haven't had time to fix it. The frame is solid.
Steering box brace.
JK Rubicon wheels with 315/70/17 BFG AT tires. They have just decent tread on them. It goes down the road nice for a big Jeep. Averages 16mpg.
Please no low ballers or scammers. I'm only putting it up for sale to fund a new business. I don't need to sell it.
Please pm or call/textj 586.610.4421

Attachments

See less See more
#15 ·
Classic scam when they talk about a shipping agent!

I have used paypal alot, but that is being used to scam people now I guess!

Smaller items it's convient and fast to you pp, but vehicle purchases should be in person!

Nice looking YJ, you will sell it! How much work and $ did it take to supercharge that 4.0L? 255hp? Nice! :woot:

#17 ·
Rob, I've bought and sold quite a few cars/bikes on CL. I now start my ads with "Due to spam, you must include something that tells me you are a human. A phone number is best. Alternately I will accept a picture of you with a potato on your head, your favorite Motörhead lyrics, or a 700 word essay about Nicholas Cage as proof that you aren't a spambot"

Also, FYI... Any email that is super generic like "do you still have the item?" Or "is the item still for sale?" Is a scam.

#18 ·
I'm not sure on the horsepower. Maybe 250-275 just guessing. Mounting the blower was easy, but getting the stock computer to work under boost took some trial and error. Nobody tunes these old computers for boost and I didn't want to spend the money on a full stand alone, considering it's not a race car. Just a peppy driver. I think I might have a grand or less into supercharging it.
It runs perfect even in a cold start in the dead of winter, or sitting in traffic on a 100 degree day.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.