Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

R&V Build updates.

49K views 532 replies 105 participants last post by  kareless 
#1 · (Edited)
Things are improving fast. Have had alot of help and I thank the guys for all the hard work. Have moved into some new areas of the prop. and made good use of the land. There is more stuff for locker guys and plenty for everyone else. There is several new mud area and makeing new obstickle trail almost daily. Will post what I have pics of and more to come.

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Sorry there was new plans that was made the Fri. before L,D and sorry for the misshap.I posted as soon as I left the meeting. I was troubled by it all but it is work for the best and the build is farther along than it would have been with the funding.
Looks pretty nice. When are you gonna open up to the public?
End of March early april is in our thoughts. Maybe a Snow run sooner.

#9 ·
Hey Ron,
any activity on Sunday at all thought I'd come up and see whats been going on.
I'll probaly get a season pass after the official opening, thought of a cost yet.
I like mud runs I'd like to maybe try those.
Enjoy and thanks for the efforts we need it around here.

#13 ·
3 more trail runs put in today. one small loop with some rocks. One close to 1/2 mile of twisting up hill climbs loaded up with logs and a few rocks as of now. and a third that Rulebreaker helped trench in. It has plenty of tight turns off cambers and boulders. The XJ with help of the high lift made it around.

#16 ·
finally getting parts for the explorer, being the guinea pig is an expensive hobby, so far ive ripped off both mirrors, a fender, caved in the other, ive been through two rear diff covers, broke my ttb front axle houseing actually in half, trans is now dead, but all in all, it was worth it, cuz when we finally get to open, this place is gonna be filled with happy ppl. we got a little of everything. and for future reference.......dont listen to ron when he tells you to cut it to the right and go.

#31 ·
not done with this yet. More will be added this week. I'm thinking of throwing in some logs, concrete and what ever else I can find. Each week I have trying to build something challanging on the trails. In the last few weeks several new trails have been put in with plenty to challange your driveing skills and rig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.