Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Big Mistake.... :(

60K views 421 replies 139 participants last post by  curt1656 
#1 ·
A little while back, before Christmas. I got into some bad things and started doing some bad stuff that I would of never ever thought about doing ever. A buddy and I were going around late at night and walking up to cars to see if they were unlocked. If they were unlocked we would go through them and see if there was anything good(money mostly,spare change,etc.) It was are first time doing it and we thought we would try it because everyone else always talked about it. So we did it. We didnt really take anything. We got like 13 bucks and a cheap radar detector. I WILL admit this was deffinetly one of the stupidest things I have ever done. I do regret and have never and will never do anything like it ever again. But that night after we went to bed the police followed our tracks in the snow that lead from the cars to my friends house. We got caught. The police called us about three weeks later and said everything was going to be fine and no one had pressed any charges or anything like that, and they hope we learned are lesson. That was in the beginning of January. But yesterday I get a letter in the mail saying I have a warrant for my arrest for three counts, larceny and breaking and entering x2. I hate this. I was just starting to sign up for school today and almost had a job. I thought it was all over.

Has any of you made a big mistake like this and went through the courts??
What happend? Is it still on your record?????
Im scared to death. I dont want this shit on my record.
Anyone got any ideas of what could happen?

See less See more
#296 ·
i just read threw all 15 pages and omg, someone broke into the tool box in my old truck and the truck itself and stole my cb, cd player, tools, spare battery, tow strap, come along, and some other small shit. and if i ever found out who did it they would be getting to know my fubar, 2x4, louisville slugger, and my steel toe boots. either way its scum like that that piss me off because i am 18 and have worked my ass off for everything i own and if any body messes with my new truck they will be in a whole new world of pain aka being dragged down a rough dirt road or two track behind my truck.

#303 ·
The low life punk white ****** down the street was trying to break into the truck across the street a few months ago and when the cops showed up they brought there newest officer to the scene He is a Bloodhound and he tracked all through the neighbor hood and right to his back porch. SUPRIZE Hard to lie to the cops when it is a nose of a blood hound

#304 ·
IM sorry your stuff got stolen guys. I regret ever doing what I did. Some how you guys will get paid bac for what was taken from you though. Im really glad I am done with all that. It took all this to get me out of it. But I am a way better person now and for that 18 months probo is deffinitly worth it.

#315 ·
Why cant everyone just give AJ a break? He is sorry and he is older and wiser now. I mean who hasnt broke into someone elses property and stole things a time or two? Especially if everyone is talking about doing it.?. Sounds like a decent hobby as long as you apologize and realize that it was wrong after the fact. JM .02$

#322 ·
Hey man, no one thinks your a barny badd ass over the internet. Aslo man, I only posted it cause I was really scraed and I wanted to know if anyone had ever been in a situation such as mine and what happend to them. And I droped stealing the night I gto caught doing it. Its really the only stupid ILLEGAL thing I have ever done. I dont regret it because I got caught either. To tell you the truth I felt like a POS every time I did it. The turn out was always good though. I mean come on free shit. but it was stupid. I ahte myself for doing it. but honestly I have never met you so I dont need to sit here and explain it to you. But we are both 4x4 enthusiast and I dont want to have a bad rep forever. Regardless, if we ever met you will relaize im not a theif ANYMORE. Im healed of my sins.lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.