Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

The Walking Dead *official thread*

218K views 2K replies 172 participants last post by  wrath 
#1 · (Edited)
This show is awesome.

See less See more
#164 ·
Every one really needs to read the books. Granted they should have shown the walkers being a bit closer, but he did that to ensure he would get out safe.

If the show follows the books, which it's doing an okay job doing so far, Shane starts to really lose it.

#167 ·
Funny, in the book...*SPOILER*

Shane didn't live this long, and Otis was still alive at this point. Kind of a role reversal.

#168 ·
Pretty good episode this week. Looks like TV Hershel is going to be the same as Comic Hershel with the barn full of zombies.

#172 ·
Stubborn old coot who's gonna get most of his family killed within the next couple episodes when the zeds escape the barn and they're poorly armed. Hopefully the hot daughter who's banging Glen escapes but I doubt she'll make it. Most of the main characters will escape, maybe they'll lose one....hopefully Andrea, I can't stand that stupid bitch. Not a spoiler, just my prediction.

#178 ·
Seriously? I'm guessing you don't have much shooting experience, do ya? I agree that she's reckless and should be gone, but completely disagree about calling that a bad shot considering the circumstances.

She has almost no experience with guns and was taking what looked like at least a 150-200 yard headshot using an unknown rifle, that she surely hadn't adjusted the scope on, while in her constant stressed state and was probably shaking like a leaf. The fact that she hit him at all is a miracle....in reality she would've been much more likely to accidently tag one of the other guys standing closer, but she probably would've sailed the shot a dozen yards away into the dirt as she jerked the trigger.

#183 ·
I'm honestly a little meh on this whole season so far. While its been entertaining it doesn't seem like its been nearly as exciting as the first season. It seems like every episode has been like maybe 1 or 2 exciting things then 50 minutes of drama.

Is AMC just trying to stretch the storyline out so they can milk this for a few seasons more?

Based on what was said they really aren't following the comic that closely anymore so why can't they throw a little more action in there?

#184 ·
Agreed. I'm hoping they'll at least bust out something good for next week's midseason finale and really get things moving and leave us wanting more for the rest of the season. Hopefully there'll be a lot more action come spring....guess we'll see.

Does the little girl go missing in the comic or is that just on the show? If so, do they find her? I notice that some other comic related details are starting to come along....Rick knows about the Shane BS, Carl is learning to shoot, Andrea is becoming a good shooter, etc.

#194 ·
So the whole scenario of having your zombie friends and family holed up in a barn like that poses a good question. If your family turned into zombies, would you off them?

Given the actual scenario I don't know if I could do it but I would like to think that I would have few reservations pulling the trigger.

#195 ·
I would have reservations but I'd do it. I think, based on what he said in an earlier episode, he's probably hoping for a cure. I could see that being a valid idea if they were at the point like, Jim I think it was who was bit and riding in the RV for a bit. He was still a live, just sick. But after you actually die, come back, and begin to decay and rot away I don't think even if there was a cure there is much hope in bringing you back to normal. :sonicjay:

#208 ·
I kind of saw that coming (sophia in the barn). It wasn't in the comic, but something had to come of them looking for her for 5 episodes. It made for a pretty cool scene, but the logistics of it are kind of sketchy. I'm assuming that they rounded her up before the group came to the farm, which means she was bit by a zombie and turned probably the same day she was lost and then she was herded to the farm the same day or the following? Those guys must be right on top of collecting zombies in the surrounding area.

#209 ·
I've taken to alienating all friends and family now so it's easier to shoot them when they turn into zombies. I'll shoot all you guys who were too weak to kill off your loved ones and got bit too:teehee:

#210 ·
ill be shoulder to shoulder, i told my fiance id shoot her before she got bit so she didnt have to deal with it. lmao but it really made everyone see that RICK was the alpha male and not just trigger happy and pissed (even though i agree with shane) but the fact nobody could pull the trigger on her but rick could to me i see a sense of alpha male and now everyone realizes it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.