Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Full Size Friendly Trails?

2K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  brewmenn 
#1 ·
what trails are full size truck friendly with out banging our trucks up trying to turn down a trail? We go to the mounds a bit and like the trails through the woods, but want more. Can you guys post names or llinks to trails that will let us go down them? Here are a few truck in question:
Both of these, black GMC with 37's, my Tahoe with 35's

And this white chevy: WOW!! I almost forgot what my truck looked like stock!!

See less See more
#21 ·
Don't know... but a little advise... don't follow me.

#24 ·
try these if you don't have a GPS (p.s. get one if you want to do trail riding)

I have a Garmin 2610 and have had great luck with it... it doesn't have a spinning hard drive so it doesn't have any issues off road. There isn't an "ideal" unit for off roading as they either have to small of a display for driving or they only work at finding the grocery store and not tracking a trail....

Attachments

#25 ·
One small warning, there are designated snowmobile trails in and around grayling. I'm not sure if you can get in trouble for being on them but I have heard your not suppose to run those trails during the snowmobile season ; just something to consider. We still trail ride up there in the winter..we just stay off the marked trails.

#26 ·
this is true for any designated trail. If it is a designated ORV route / trail then in the winter they turn over to snowmobile trails and I believe we aren't supposed to ride on them until april 1 (might be may 1 can't remember). The trails that I have posted are roads and military trails and are not designated ORV routes so there shouldn't be any issues driving on them in the winter. Of course, snow mobilers might disagree........

#28 ·
off of 4 mile turn right on Military and then go about 500 ft and there is a trail head on the left.... can't miss it, theres a big sign there and now its about 300 ft wide as they have been doing a LOT of logging in that area - so if you go during the week watch for big trucks as they use it as an exit route...

off of M-72 the trail head is about 300 ft beyond McIntyre Landing (spelling?). Goes both ways, north and south as you can see.... if you go to the north bombing range, just note the water is rather deep - I have burried my head lights many times up there...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.