270K views 2K replies 147 participants last post by  creeping death 
#1 · (Edited)
:blah:

it all started here

and then my disorder kicked in:beerbang:

:rock:

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
i did that because there was no room on the pass. side to run it, wanted to keep it in the frame as much as possable and it also was my first exhaust job. i am learning as i go:thumb:
lots of weld,damnit,cut,weld,damnit,cut! ya know what i mean? they are all mandrell bends .

#21 ·
Looks sweet, the close up of the header shows a bolt it will probably rub up against, maybe cut the end of the bolt off, and keep in mind moisture will hold in the header wrap, and possibly prematurely rot out all that hard work. Keep up the good work! Great attention to detail

#26 ·
i want to thank you all for your input, good or bad. it is part of the reason i posted the pix. as i said, this is my first build and am learning as i go and anything i can learn from others is valuable to me and anything i have learned i am more than happy to share with anyone.
thank you!

#28 ·
yah, it is my first. all the other rigs i'v done have basically been alot of bolt on stuff but i have always made my own bumpers. i love trail riding and lots of times i have been limited on the trails i can ride and that is what started this build. i'd like to maybe do a wagoneer with rockwells next but we'll see. thank you!!

#36 ·
steering cooler:

agr recomends using a fluid cooler with there box and pump so rather than buying one i had this one out of an 85 toyota and this is what i did.

dual pump pissers

and i can't forget rufas, the shop boss!!

#38 ·
very sweet build. I'm interested on seeing how the exhaust clears on the driver side.

I did a mopar 360 swap into my YJ and Had to run the exhaust UNDER the pan in front of the sump and connect on the passenger side. I do not like how this is but seems like the only way it would work. So when you get a chance is there anyway you can PM me a pic of how it sits??

thanks and keep up the good work!

#39 ·
it is a straight shot on the drivers side but the passenger side i ran inbetween the sump in the oil pan and the tranny pan but it is very close and that is why i wraped it, to keep the heat off the tranny. as soon as i get it in i will get you some pix. thank you!

#40 · (Edited)
some new pix

here are a few pudated pix.
i'll add more this weekend.

my massave shaft!

1410 yoke for the 14 bolt

205 rear output flange

i took the stock cj non tilt seat brackets and had a freind bend up some new ones 3" taken out of the front and 2" out of the rear.

more pix this weekend!!

#46 ·
Looks great
thanks Fullsize!

awesome joe, when am i going to get to ride in it?

if i can get the dually sold, spring.

if not mid summer.

all i need now is gears, lockers, front driveshaft, batterys, some electrical/plumbing and some misc. b.s.

this is why i am selling the dually.

but when its done we'll run it!
you bring the apple pie!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.