Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Northwest 4x4

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  busyfixin 
#1 ·
Hey I have to tell you all that these guys are great. They have been great to deal with and really stand behind their work. They are very up front about cost and they answer any and all questions I have had with honesty and patience. I've needed work done a couple of times now and they get my jeep back to me quickly too!

I have a list I want done next and this is where I'll be going!

All around great guys!

http://www.northwest4x4.com/
Northwest 4x4
1230 Woodmere Avenue
Traverse City, MI 49686
231 922-9622

#13 ·
Does that mean I can go try a bunch of wines and say that I dont like them, and not have to pay for them?

To bad I dont like wine.
Yes, technically that is true. If you have a reasonable complaint about a wine or if you try one and it just isn't what you expected, a high class restaurant will not charge you. Of course if you are being an idiot, you'd probably just get thrown out.

#14 ·
Yes, technically that is true. If you have a reasonable complaint about a wine or if you try one and it just isn't what you expected, a high class restaurant will not charge you. Of course if you are being an idiot, you'd probably just get thrown out.
Wouldn't be the first time I've been thrown out of somewhere for being an idiot.

#9 ·
compare that to any other shops. normal should be 200-300 for that work depending if the axle is in or out of vehicle. 400 would be on the high side for labor. Everyone knows running a shop is not free and there is over head and other costs but you have to be fucking kidding me if you think 500 dollars in labor to re-gear one axle is a good deal. They must be slow as hell if they take 8 hours to re-gear an axle too.

Hell JCR is a shop and I do not see them charging 500 dollars an axle to install a set of gears.

#16 ·
either way, even if he purchased the parts from NW, the labor would still be $960. thats f'n insane. i understand buying both parts and labor from the same guy, but maybe he bought the parts planning to do it himself, and decided it was over his head. its not over his head, but it could be. clark was pretty much a cock to me when i asked him about his "flagship" wagoneer, which must have been built before tubing benders were invented. i dig the dented door as well. i see the exo-cage works well.

#18 ·
im happy for you. i still support him somewhat, as he is helping out the 4x4 support in our area, and helping sponsor our turtle ridge challenge. he just has come off as an ass every time ive tried to deal with him. apparently he is too good for the average guy that can do stuff himself. you have to be king poo, or not know much about you rig for him to acknowlege you.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.