Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

downriver michigan

12K views 39 replies 27 participants last post by  cheapcherokee91 
#1 ·
does anyone know any legal areas to go wheeling in downriver, monroe area? i used to go on my buddies land but they are selling it, need a new place to go, i heard about heiss rd, i was told it is a legal rd to be on, has anyone been there?

#2 ·
I heard a lot of the guys in the Carhartt Clan talk about Old Heiss Road back in highschool, but never made it out there myself. I think it is/was just a seasonal road that got REALLY bad at times, but I'm not 100% sure.

But other than that, I don't know of anything really. Bundy Hill is probably the closest real park, only about an hour and a half or so from B-town.

#16 ·
heiss is technically legal when in season but the farmer is sick of people driving on his land, so anytime people are out there he calls the police and then you get a nice fine, dont go onto heiss rd. i no there is a spot by the mall in monroe but i thinks its private property

#20 ·
if there is signs posted Off Road Area find out more about it from the owners or person who runs that area if its ok to wheel there, if its not marked its not Legal at all stay off.

Just because you see some Property with trails on it don't mean it's legal for everyone to wheel on.

This post has been deleted
#34 ·
If it's not:

1) a public right-of-way,
2) a designated ORV area,
Or
3) Private property and you have express permission of the owner of the property to be on it.

It is NOT legal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.